Acura World banner

1996 Acura Tl Ciggarette lighter......

11K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Acura96Florio 
#1 ·
i have a 96 TL 2.5, the ciggarette lighter wont work, i just bought a gps and realized it wont work because my outlet isnt working...? i have no idea how to fix this, somone says check a fuse but idk where that would be? anybody knwo anything about thissssssss? thanks:wtf:

#8 ·
These cars have 2 fuse boxes as it typical with Honda. The main fuse box is under the hood on top of the driver's side front wheel well. The one for the interior is along the outside of the leg well where your left leg would rub if you were driving the car.

#11 ·
Fuse under the hood
First check your fuses. If that isn't the problem try this: take a small flat head screw driver and gently bend the two prongs out a little bit. They are used to hold the lighter in place so that it will operate properly. If your lighter works with the key off remove the fuse first. As for replacing the lighter there are two wires connected on the back side you'll need to remove them. On some lighters you will have to unscrew the outer body to remove the lighter others have a nut that has to be removed. Access to the back side of the lighter is always a pain and how you gain access depends on the make, model and year. I hope this helps you.

#13 ·
its a relay from acura $45 or $55 bucks the cig lighter doesnt have a fuse (so says alldata)
^^ He says it's a relay. Where is that relay located? In one of the fuse boxes, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.