Acura World banner

Changing brakes on a 2005 MDX

17K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jimpala 
#1 ·
How much should it cost to change the brake pads and rotors on an MDX? It's been 100,000 km, so I am assuming I would need to change the front and the back. The estimate I got from the dealer is 1200... I'm guessing this is way too much.

#2 ·
It sounds like the dealer was going to replace all your pads, all your rotors, rebuilt your calipers, change the fluid, etc.

I just finished putting front rotors and ceramic pads on my 2003. Old rotors were a bit warped. The new rotors were $40 each and the pads were $65. I did the back pads last fall, they were $45.

People go overboard when they do their brakes. Unless you are having problems I would just drop in a new set of pads and be done with it.

#4 ·
This job is pretty DIY-able. I actually did this exact job for a customer not too long ago. The customer just wanted some OEM replacement grade products, so I used Centric C-Tek rotors and Posiquiet ceramic pads. As far as what I charged my customer, it was $39.95 for the pads, and $33.90 each for the rotors and I just charged $175 for my labor. The job was similar to just about any Honda/Acura brake job except that the MDX uses pad separator springs (small thing of metal in a V-shape) that gets inserted into the backing of the pad. Anybody that has done Toyota brake pad jobs have run into these very often. If any of you guys need the parts, let me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.