RL B service Costs - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > RL > 2nd Gen RL

2nd Gen RL 2005-08 RL info is found here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-05, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

RL B service Costs

My beloved RL needs a "B" service and I'm curious how much this has cost folks in other parts of the world (I'm in Las Vegas). My local dealer is quoting $160, and the car's done approx 5900 miles (it's 5 months and 2 days old).

I don't think it's too much compared to the Infiniti I just dumped ($175 for a 3K oil change). I'm just wondering how much flexibility the dealers have in their pricing - not that I have any choice as there's only one here!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-05, 05:15 AM   #2

Speaking of service...How much is "a1" service?....I also have about 5000 miles. I'm at 15% oil life. Did everyone wait until it went down to 0%?
Old 06-03-05, 09:29 AM   #3

Car 1: 05 RL
Car 2: BMW X3
When my oil needs to be changed, I just run it to the oil change place at my Honda dealership. Cost-30.00 Do you think that is ok, or should I be spending the extra money for the service at Acura?
wes38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 12:55 AM   #4

So the car had it's b service yesterday, and it came to $155 - nice that it was less than I was quoted. And they cleaned it both inside and out for me (more than Infiniti did)! According to the service guy, they did oil and filters, rotated tires and checked the car over.

Jawz - you might only need a b service too - I had around 6K miles and 10% oil life... and the MID let me know what it needed. Oh, and BTW, my trip A gauge reset after the visit (I have it on auto reset).

Wes - personally, I always take the car to the dealer in case there's a recall or TSB I don't know about. But then again, my Acura dealer and the closest Honda dealer are about a mile apart on the same street
potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 12:10 PM   #5

Thanks for the feedback PT I guess I have been pretty lucky with Acura's I started with an MDX back in 01. Put 140,000 on it in 3 yrs with not a lick of trouble Only had the TL for a year before I bought the RL but never had any trouble with it either

P.S.- knocking on wood here
Old 06-13-05, 04:23 PM   #6

Car 1: 2005 Acura RL
Car 2: 2001 Honda Odyssey
Car 3: 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by potato
So the car had it's b service yesterday, and it came to $155 - nice that it was less than I was quoted. And they cleaned it both inside and out for me (more than Infiniti did)! According to the service guy, they did oil and filters, rotated tires and checked the car over.

Jawz - you might only need a b service too - I had around 6K miles and 10% oil life... and the MID let me know what it needed. Oh, and BTW, my trip A gauge reset after the visit (I have it on auto reset).

Wes - personally, I always take the car to the dealer in case there's a recall or TSB I don't know about. But then again, my Acura dealer and the closest Honda dealer are about a mile apart on the same street
Potato,

No offense, but $155 for an oil change and tire rotation seems very high, unless the dealer also detailed your car and didn't just wash it. I am trying to determine how much of the service I can do myself, and this one sounds like it is a prime candidate. I'd rather so the easy stuff myself and bank the money for the A-spec goodies I want to eventually add. What exactly did the dealer do when they checked the car?
acurafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-05, 09:19 AM   #7

I have to agree with you AFox I had a couple of services done on my MDX a few years ago. They will give you a receipt that should show everything they did, most of it is visual inspection's. I think they where in the 300.00 plus range each and I just decided that was to much for them to tighten some bolts and take a look at things, but to each his own. I might live to regret not bringing my RL in for service
Old 06-14-05, 11:21 PM   #8

I'll agree that it's a little more than my old 2000 TL cost (about $40 per time for oil changes), but it's way less than Infiniti charged me for servicing the QX4 I just got rid of. The QX4 cost me about $170 for each 3,000 mile service. So far the RL's only had this one service and it's done 6,000 miles. Oh, and Infiniti wanted $1,100 for the 30,000!

Reading the manifest, most of the money went on labor - 1.4 hours. Approx $100 per hour. A little above the average here, but I've never had a problem with their work. Oh, and they tweaked the driver's side wiper, 'cos I asked them too (needed to be a hair closer to the glass) - no charge.

They washed and dried the outside and vacuumed out the inside (more than Infiniti does now). Didn't get all the bugsplats, but it was pretty disgusting when I took it in. It was so bad, I apologised! They didn't need to do much to the interior surfaces, but they might have dusted it off for me.

Actually, my salesguy hooks me up with a free wash whenever I need it. He says the car's the best advert for them I have one of only 3 red RL's in Las Vegas, and one of those is sitting on the lot.

Personally, we always take the cars back to the dealers, 'cos they're supposed to know the cars. Even the 13 year old Wrangler goes to the dealer. We don't have the time or the knowledge to start doing that stuff ourselves
Old 06-14-05, 11:29 PM   #9

Wow, with that many cars I think I would take them to the dealer as well
Why doesn't Acura offer some free maintance? My wife is on her second BMW and everything is covered (including oil changes) up to the warranty time which I think is 36,000 miles
Old 06-15-05, 05:29 PM   #10

Car 1: 02 RL and 92 legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes38
Why doesn't Acura offer some free maintance? My wife is on her second BMW and everything is covered (including oil changes) up to the warranty time which I think is 36,000 miles
my dealer gives me every other services free. But I think they make up for it with the major services. Sort of a buy one get one free if you know what I mean.
daddykay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 10:45 PM   #11

Wow, thats actuallly pretty cool Daddy Maybe I should consider moving to New York. I have to admit, we have a pretty good dealership in San Antonio, but they are pretty stingy when it comes to the freebies
Old 06-15-05, 11:31 PM   #12

Heh - Wes, I don't have that many cars! The TL was returned almost 2 years ago (still miss it) and the Infiniti was originally going to be traded for the RL back in December, but it turned out that it was cheaper to wait until the end of the lease last month. Why pay off a lease early when you can flog the thing for 5 months and save the miles on the other cars?

Right now, we have the RL (mine), a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup (My husband's) and a 1993 Jeep Wrangler (for offroading). Of course, I did bust my husband looking at the Aston Martin DB9 at Caesars Palace's new Luxury car dealership a few days ago...

I guess it's all about the guys at the dealership. I'm know as the "Dude, where's my car" lady 'cos I waited 3.5 months for the car to come in and I kept stopping by. I had plenty time to build up a relationship, and I knew as much (and sometimes more) than the sales guys because I visit these forums.
Old 06-16-05, 06:05 PM   #13

I have only had my RL for a few weeks but so far it has been great What do you think of the RL so far PT?
Old 06-17-05, 12:34 AM   #14

Five months and 16 days and I'm completely addicted! Unequivocally the best car we've owned; and we've owned a few - Maxima (his), Celica(mine), QX4 (mine), Suburban (his-lemon!), Ram truck (his), TL (mine), QX4 (ours), Ram truck (his), Wrangler(ours), RL (mine) - all in the last 10 years!

The RL - handles like a dream, even in the rain and snow (yes, it snowed in the desert in January), the sound system rocks, the nav is incredibly accurate and fast to update and the seats are wonderfully comfortable. It's been on two runs to LA (400 miles) and it was a delight to drive. I'm usually wiped after about 2 hours, but not on this trip!

Only problem is I have to make sure I don't rack up the miles Oh, and the voice recognition struggles with our accents (British) but we work around it. I love pushing the talk button when people are in the car, and have it say "Pardon?". They freak out!
Old 06-19-05, 03:33 AM   #15

I took my car in for the "A1" service today. A is the code for just an oil change. It turns out that at my Acura Dealership, the first two oil changes for the RL is complimentary. The service manager also informed me that there was two service bulletins for the car they would have to fix.
FYI
1. Bullentin #05-007 - update pcm software.
2. Bulletin #05-005 - replace front door speaker and driver's MPCS unit.

Total cost of service with carwash and vacuum = $0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > RL > 2nd Gen RL