Acura World banner

Purchase RDX from non-Acura dealer?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  peppi 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Looking into a CPO 2015 RDX and came across a very competitively priced one at a Mitsubishi dealership. They've got it marked as "certified", which I know is not the same as what Acura would consider a CPO. They've extended it to 10 years and 100K miles, FWIW.

I'm only considering it because it has the exterior/interior color combo I'm looking for, the tech package, and of course, the very competitive price (around $25K with 35K miles). Wanted to get the community's opinion here as I haven't ever owned an Acura, or made a purchase like this.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I don't think you have a lot to lose. An Acura-CPO car will have a warranty from Acura that you can take to any Acura dealership to get dealt with, so you don't have to worry about a particular dealership trying to screw you over later...however, that's only going to extend the original warranty to 5-yr/52k miles, so it's not going to last much longer on a 2015 with 35k miles anyway.

The 10-yr/100k miles warranty sounds like an amazing deal if you trust that the dealership is actually going to honor it and make it easy for you to use it; I would try to find some reviews about the dealership and others' experiences with their extended warranty. When you do bring it in for warranty service, they're not going to be able to service the Acura the same way an Acura dealership might, but dealership service departments all tend to be much higher quality than your average service shop anyway. I wouldn't hesitate bringing my Acura there, unless there ends up being some sort of special service that needs to be done by mechanics at the Acura dealership.

#3 ·
See if you can take the VIN number to an Acura dealer and if they can pull up any service records on the car. It may tell you something as far as the background. Also do a car fax on it, while that's not 100% because a repair paid for by the precious owner without going through insurance could be done and not shown on the car fax. Some dealers will do this for you and others will not but it's worth a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.