RDX error messages - Acura Forum : Acura Forums

RDX The All-New Acura RDX!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

RDX error messages

Hello,

I am turning to the Acura Forums as i am not at a loss of what to do next. I bought a 2017 Acura RDX in November of 2016. At the time it had 1500 miles on it. We drove it for about 4000 miles without any issues. In late January i was driving and all of a sudden it felt like a car had bumped into me. I looked around and there was no cars. I heard some beeping coming from the car so I looked down onto my dash and saw the Check Engine light was on but that it was circling trough 4 different errors. Check Emissions System, Check VSA system, Check Power steering, and Check hill start assist system. The car was driving very funky after that. I then pulled over and turned the car off and then back on. The lights were still there. After about 30 minutes I tried starting again and they finally turned off and the car drove normally again. I called the Acura dealer close to me and took it in the next morning. They ran some tests and found that nothing was wrong. They performed a system update thinking that it was just a computer system glitch. After about 200 more miles of driving, the lights came back on. We took the car back and yet again they said they weren't able to find anything wrong. They ran the same tests and did the same update. Guess what happened next. After about 50 miles, the lights came on AGAIN. This time we had them tow us to the dealer with the lights on so that they could look into it with the lights on. They tried some more tests and determined that we needed a new throttle body. We got the car back a week ago and have put nearly 1000 miles on it but yet again, the lights just came on again. Upon further investigation, before we bought the car, the same issue had been happening and the throttle body had already been replaced once. I am lost on what to do next. There is obviously an issue and just taking the car in once or twice a month isn't going to cut it. I have contacted the dealer that we bought the car from (not the same that has been servicing it) but have yet to hear back from them. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what was done to fix it? If not, what should my next steps be? In the state of Texas we have a "Lemon Law" which protects car buyers from purchasing a defective car but it only applies to brand new cars and not used. I am hoping to speak with the service manager/general manager at the dealer that sold us the car since they knew of the issue and still sold it to us but I am unsure as to if that would really do anything.

Thank you in advance for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > RDX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.