Time to sell the old Vigor...or maybe not?? - Acura Forum : Acura Forums

Vigor You asked and we deliver! This is the ONLY dedicated Vigor forum on the internet!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-10-16, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Time to sell the old Vigor...or maybe not??

We've had a lovely Vigor GS as part of our family since 92 and as much as we love her, now it may well be time to let her go.

As the other Vigor owners on this forum surely know, this model was a classic of it's time - perhaps a little quirky and misunderstood by those who were not fortunate to have one, but for those who did, it was (and still is) a superb, fun to drive, well-equipped vehicle to get you down the freeway fast and in style.

But now, with parts hard to find and us doing a bit of downsizing for retirement, it's time for us to consider passing over the keys - or is it?

With only 139K miles, an immaculate interior, and an always waxed, always garaged Frost White body that often generates a response of "wait, that car is how old again?" - well, it's going to be hard to give the old girl up. After 24 years since we bought her new - albeit with regular (and documented) maintenance, and gentle driving with love and care - well, there are things that need doing. She needs new tires, new suspension and the ABS light just came on a few days ago. So the old dilemma - do we invest the cost of fixing those, or do we finally say aloha and watch her beautiful rear end cruise off into the sunset?

For the ABS, I have decided to just not fix it - I can happily drive around without that feature, hopefully avoiding conditions where it would be helpful. And after all, there are many vehicles in existence that don't even have it! Tires will have to be done - and I've priced a good set of All Seasons that are quite reasonable.

The unknown to me right now is replacing struts/shocks - not super urgent, but the suspension is original and tired, so handling is not optimal. I have no idea yet of how much that would cost to fix. Has anyone had that work done or know what that could cost me? That will be the decider on whether she crosses the "should I stay or should I go" line.

And if I should decide to sell, where do you think I stand the best chance of getting a reasonable price? Craigs list? This forum? Edmunds.com tells me that it's value if selling to a private party is about $2700 (really?) - and no way I will give to a dealer for a few hundred! I imagine she's probably worth more in parts than as a whole, but I sure hate the thought of having her torn apart!!

Any thoughts or words of wisdom ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > Vigor

Tags
1992, sell, vigor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.