Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Coupe / Hatchback > RSX

RSX Forum related to the Acura RSX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-05, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Un-Registered User

Car 1: 05' Acura RSX-S
Maint Req. Engine Light

The Main Req. light has turned on in my car reciently....

I just passed 10k miles, I have 10,033 atm so I think it's a reminder to get an oil change. But how do I turn it off?

I tried hooking up my odb II reader to it, but it doesn't read any warning/error messages, and I also tried clearing it out but that didn't make the light turn off.

Does anyone know how to turn that engine light off without going to the dealer? I rather do it myself, cause I don't trust dealer mechanics.

Oh, and I did just change my oil. KN&N oil filter and Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil.
Wish List: Hondata K-Pro or AEM ICS, AEM Titanium Upper Strut Bar (front), AEM Power Pulley (silver), AEM 4-2-1 Stainless Steel Race Header, AEM Catback Exhaust, and a Turbo Kit (not sure which yet), Tein SS-P Suspension w/ EDFC. Parts listed in my perfered order.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-05, 01:18 PM   #2
Old Parts Slinger
Supporting Member

Garage

Car 1: 2002 RSX
Car 2: 2007 Honda Ridgeline
Car 3: 2005 Honda Civic
there's a diy about it in the index sticky (I think)
Old 11-29-05, 01:24 PM   #3
AW's MediterraneanManStud
Smack the Rabbit Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Magic Ball Champion, KickUps Champion, Gyroball Champion, Bugz Champion, Ping Champion, Shape Game Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Pacman Champion, Mouse Race Champion, Snake Champion, Breakout Champion, Simon Champion

Car 1: 2005 RSX Type-S
Car 2: 2003 3.2TL Type-S w/ Navi
Car 3: 2004 Tacoma Pre-Run D-Cab
Ok Jacek, I hope this helps:
Well just last night my Maintenance Required Light came on. So I called my friend that works for Acura and ask how do I trun it off. It takes less than 2 mins. to do this simple task. This is how to turn it off. Its a simple as turn off your car, with the keys out of the ignition, push and hold down the Select, and Reset button for your odomiter. While holding them down put your keys in and turn the car to the run position but don't turn the car on. The (MRL) will blinks once, and the wait about another 5-10 seconds and the light will then turn off. You can now release the to buttons. Now just turn the car back to the off position, and go ahead and start the car up. The Maintenance Required Light will now be off and stay off for 25,000 miles He also informed me that this works for most Honda/Acura vehicles. Like the RL, MDX, TSX, Pilot, Accord, and others. I hope that I helped so of you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
QKSLVER03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 01:27 PM   #4
AW's MediterraneanManStud
Smack the Rabbit Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Magic Ball Champion, KickUps Champion, Gyroball Champion, Bugz Champion, Ping Champion, Shape Game Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Pacman Champion, Mouse Race Champion, Snake Champion, Breakout Champion, Simon Champion

Car 1: 2005 RSX Type-S
Car 2: 2003 3.2TL Type-S w/ Navi
Car 3: 2004 Tacoma Pre-Run D-Cab
Also Jacek, I think the light comes not just for an oil change reminder. It comes on to let us know that it's time for the small maintenance service where they rotate the tires and check a few things that they normally don't do on a regular oil change. I'm sure you knew this already but I just wanted to double check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
QKSLVER03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 01:31 PM   #5

Car 1: 1991 Honda Civic
Car 2: 2002 Acura RSX
same problem

i got the same problem on my 2002 RSX, took it to the dealership,. They had to replace the Oxygen Sensor.
edcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 04:10 PM   #6
The Crushinator

Car 1: 1996 Toyota Corolla
Car 2: 2004 Acura RSX Premium
Car 3: 2005 Acura TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcracker
i got the same problem on my 2002 RSX, took it to the dealership,. They had to replace the Oxygen Sensor.
Man your dealer probably told you that you needed an O2 sensor and made you pay for it and just left the one you had in there
ekimevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 07:19 PM   #7
Un-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcracker
As I said I hooked up an ODB 2 reader to the car and it says everything is fine. If the O2 sensor had blown it would have reported it on the ODB 2 reader.

But thankx for the input guys, I'll try it out tommorrow. Just got home and don't feel like going outside right now, it's raining.
Wish List: Hondata K-Pro or AEM ICS, AEM Titanium Upper Strut Bar (front), AEM Power Pulley (silver), AEM 4-2-1 Stainless Steel Race Header, AEM Catback Exhaust, and a Turbo Kit (not sure which yet), Tein SS-P Suspension w/ EDFC. Parts listed in my perfered order.
Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 10:37 PM   #8
Un-Registered User

ok it worked, the maint req'd is now off. Thankx guys.
Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Coupe / Hatchback > RSX