Acura World banner

new to Acura and this site. EMISSIONS LIGHT IS ON HELP

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Hondacuraplanet 
#1 ·
Just got my very first brand new used 2005 Acura RSX a few months ago. Unfortunately my yellow emissions light went on today. I accidentally and very slowly backed out of my parking spot and didn't notice that I was backing off the curb. Its a very low curb, but never the less when my back tires went off it, I felt and heard a thud come from the rear center of my car. Instead of proceeding to fully come off the curb with the rest of the car, pulled it onto drive and went back on the curb. No little did I notice my yellow emissions light was on. Not sure if it came on because of the thud or it had been on prior. sorry. I drove home, no issues, smells, swerving, other flashing dash lights, no jolts in the transmission as I drove. kinda freaking out now. when I got home, I parked in the street, looked underneath the rear of the car and didn't notice anything leaking. can someone tell me why this light is on? the mileage is about 145k PLEASE HELP.

#2 ·
The only thing that comes to mind offhand is that you might have clipped an oxygen sensor wire, but even that's unlikely given how it happened.

I'd be more likely to think that it was more coincidence than anything, but have the codes scanned, and post your findings here....then we'll take it from there :)

#3 ·
Thanks for replying back. I was in such a panic that first thing in the morning I took it to the shop and had the mechanic connect a device that have him a code with what is wrong "po661 intake manifold tuning valve central circuit low" is the code that the machine generated. He said I'd have to get it fixed and that the part can only be obtained from the dealer. About $250 for p/l sound fair?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.