Acura World banner

Bridgestone DriveGuard - Don't Let a Flat Slow You Down

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  AcuraLegendary 
#1 · (Edited)
Bridgestone DriveGuard Run Flat Tires

Accommodating, Comfortable and Safe

Do you remember your last flat tire? Were you driving when it happened? Who were you with?

I asked a coworker, Jenna, if she had ever experienced a flat tire while driving and this is what she recalled:

“I was heading to work one hot Phoenix morning. I was in the fast lane on the freeway going around 65-70 miles per hour when one of my front tires suddenly went flat. The entire car started shaking and I thought I was going to lose control. It was terrifying! Luckily, I was able to keep control of my car as I made my way across three lanes of traffic. As my tire started to shred apart I had no choice but to stop in the gore zone, which wasn't ideal since it is illegal. I didn't know the first thing about changing a tire, so I had to wait about 20 minutes for my brother and a couple of his friends to come and help me out. About 30 minutes after that, my spare was on and I continued on my way to work, late of course.”

Introducing the Bridgestone DriveGuard, a new run-flat tire that allows drivers to continue driving up to 50 miles at a maximum speed of 50 miles per hour if a puncture or loss of pressure occurs. Available not only for vehicles that come equipped with run-flats, but also for most TPMS equipped coupes, sedans, and wagons, the new Bridgestone DriveGuard is not your typical run-flat tire. The DriveGuard utilizes new technologies and modern engineering making it handle and ride as nice as conventional tires today.

To make this possible the Bridgestone DriveGuard features these fresh technologies:

• Cooling Fin Technology: Dissipates heat build up at a high rate

• Nano ProTech™ Sidewall Construction: Means a thinner sidewall that reduces heat build up during low/no inflation and delivers the comfort of a conventional tire design.

• Tread Life Warranty: 60,000 for HR & VR speed ratings and 50,000 for WR speed rated.

• Proprietary Tread Compound delivers tread flexibility in all seasons for reliable wet and dry grip year round.

• Optimized contact patch to distribute weight evenly across the entire surface, allowing for even wear and longevity.

For Jenna and any other modern driver on the move, DriveGuard empowers you to decide when and where to repair or replace your tire. When your TPMS light comes on and one of your tires suddenly goes flat, your vehicle's handling won't suffer a significant change. You will be able to cautiously continue driving to a safe stopping area and, if necessary, you can drive up to 50 miles before replacing the tire at your local tire and wheel retailer.

Learn more about Bridgestone DriveGuard Run Flat Tires.

Buy a set of four(4) Bridgestone DriveGuard Run Flat Tires before Saturday, March 14th, 2015 and receive a $70 Visa® Prepaid Card by mail

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.