Acura World banner

2002 tl Type S strange headlight issue

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  green8frog 
#1 ·
Hi all, this is my first time posting!!

I have a strange problem with my low beams. Both headlights stopped working within a few days of eachother. I switched both bulbs, one worked for a few days (bulbs are still good). disconnected all the wire connectors and checked all the fuses...thought maybe it is the ballast!!! well here is where it gets strange...

If I loosen and reconnect the bulb on the drivers side the passengers side light will work for one cycle of the switch on the steering column...(new switch installed as well)

Has anyone seen this before? I have not replaced the ballast yet

#2 ·
I too have a similar problem with my 2002TL-S. I had my driver side headlight (low beam) go out. Replacing the bulb did not fix the problem as the light would go one and off intermittently. Then my passenger side headlight (low beam) went out too. I was told to replace the ballasts, which I did. But the problem persisted on both the lights - that is they would go on sometimes when you turn on but not at other times. Sometimes when you turn on the lights the sides would alternate. I was told to replace the relays, which I did. But the problem continues to persist. After close to $700/- spent on this, my lights do not turn on every time. The mechanic too is at a loss since he checked out the wiring and such. Googling, I see that this is a prevalent issue with TLs. But I am not able to find any post that addresses the issue. Could someone having resolved this issue please respond with a solution? Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.