Acura TL Heater - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL

2nd Gen TL Forum specific to the Acura TL, 1999-2003.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-05, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Acura TL Heater

ok, winter is coming up, it was cold this morning so i turn the climate control to 90 leaving it on automatic. with this settings i realized that the a/c is not running so it fogs up my windshield, at the same time, it doesn't even get hot. I'm use to having the a/c running to compress the air to keep the humidity out and that still makes it blow hot air. but in this case, with the a/c on, it just gets cold like a regular ac still with climate control on 90. so whats up?? i noe the ac is not bad cuz it gets cold, is it just the heater? if so, is it something expensive to fix?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-05, 12:31 AM   #2
Tastes minty
Supporting Member

My Mood: Tired

Car 1: 09 BMW 328i E93
Car 2: 06 Honda Ridgeline w/navi
Car 3: 05 Acura MDX w/navi
That sounds strange. The A/C should be on, regardless. Did you get any hot air, or only cold air?

Matt
2005 BSM MDX w/navi
pianoman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-05, 12:41 AM   #3

all I got was cold air
Blueyce28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-05, 12:43 AM   #4
Tastes minty
Supporting Member

My Mood: Tired

Car 1: 09 BMW 328i E93
Car 2: 06 Honda Ridgeline w/navi
Car 3: 05 Acura MDX w/navi
Sounds like either the baffle that controls the air flow isn't functioning properly, or the heater core is messed up. If the heater core isn't getting any hot water you're just going to get cold. Make sure your radiator/overflow bottle are at the proper level too. Could also be the auto climate circuitry messing up as well. Unless you're mechanically inclined, I'd bring it to the dealer/mechanic.

Matt
2005 BSM MDX w/navi
pianoman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-05, 11:49 PM   #5

Heater problem

I have the same problem and it looks like the motor air mix is the problem. It is located behind the console (access from the passenger side) after you have removed the glove box . It seems that the motor is weak and will not move the water valve which allows the rad fluid into the heater core in the cabin. there are 3 8mm screws that connect this assembly to a white plastic rod .
See the link here.
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/...prddisplay.jsp

Hope this helps... on my car the motor operated when not connected but after it was connected , it did not move. You can check if it is working after you have disconnected it mechanically by rotating the temp dial on the heater control. as you rotate it the motor should move after about 2 seconds. Remember to connect it electrically to test...
davewlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 05:21 PM   #6
Lost in the Garden State

My Mood: Goofy

Car 1: '99 3.2 TL
Car 2: '06 CR-V 5-speed
Car 3: '07 Fit Sport 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by davewlee
I have the same problem and it looks like the motor air mix is the problem. It is located behind the console (access from the passenger side) after you have removed the glove box . It seems that the motor is weak and will not move the water valve which allows the rad fluid into the heater core in the cabin. there are 3 8mm screws that connect this assembly to a white plastic rod .
See the link here.
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/...prddisplay.jsp

Hope this helps... on my car the motor operated when not connected but after it was connected , it did not move. You can check if it is working after you have disconnected it mechanically by rotating the temp dial on the heater control. as you rotate it the motor should move after about 2 seconds. Remember to connect it electrically to test...
Hey Dave that link didn't go all the way to the part..

is it
59772 006 1 MOTOR ASSY., AIR MIX at this URL
LINK or in other words

http://tinyurl.com/wlda

???

My motor might be weak also, the last couple of seasons it seems reluctant to add heat!

Thanks,

Carbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 09:42 PM   #7

Heater

The Part number is 59772... you have the correct one.... there are three screws (8mm socket) holding this to the housing .The electrical connector on mine is green. After removing the motor I manually moved the white plastic , which controls the water valve via a cable (in the engine compartment). I was then able to get heat in the cabin.

Hope this helps...
davewlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL