Acura World banner

Brake Light Sensor malfunction

15K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  scubadiver87 
#1 ·
I have been seeing a wierd problem. The sensor that monitors my brake light turns on (the dashboard display in speedometer saying BRAKE) when the temperature outside is cold (like in 20 F) but the brake light is working fine. When the outside temperature is above 30F the sensor is OFF. I am not sure if I should ignore this issue since I have verified many times that my brake light is working fine or should I get the sensor replaces from mechanic? If I decide to get it replaces does any one know the cost?
---------------------
I have also noticed that when I am driving the car sometimes car loses power for a second (feels like it has gone in neutral gear) I have Auto transmission is it some defect or has any one felt same?
--------------------
Also if any one can give me specification for Wiper blades for 2003 3.2TL-S that would be awesome

#3 ·
Could you describe the car losing power problem a little better? Do the RPMs shoot up or does it just lose power and not respond to your actions on the throttle?

I believe the wipers are 19 and 24 inches.. Wal-Mart or an auto parts store will have a cross reference sheet. I recommend the Bosch Icons. They are pricey, but well worth it. No streaking at all.

#4 ·
For a fraction of a second I feel car is not respoding to accelaration like example while changing gears on a manual car say from 3rd you want to shift to 4th gear and accidently put it in neutral. Now even if you accelarate the car will feel like losing power. I feel my auto transmission falls into this micro second neutral gear.

Could you describe the car losing power problem a little better? Do the RPMs shoot up or does it just lose power and not respond to your actions on the throttle?

#7 ·
I have the same problem on my 1999 Acura 3.2TL (with it slipping into neutral). While I don't claim to know ch about cars, I am learning as I work on my car. It seems to me that our cars are notorious for the transmission going out, but if you use Lucas tranny fluid, make sure you have no leaks drain and/or top off your tranny fluid it usually helps me. It's ATF-Z.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.