dash light problems - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL

2nd Gen TL Forum specific to the Acura TL, 1999-2003.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-10, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: acura tl
Car 2: eagle talon tsi
Car 3: mitsubishi eclipse gsx
dash light problems

I have a 99 acura tl and i put a aftermarket radio in and after that none of my dash lights dont come on and im driveing and cant see how fast im driving i checked my fuses in the car and under the hood and nothing at all i need help i have been reading the forums and looking but i cant fine anything any help with this i would be gratefull i live in the chicago land area incase there are any other tl guys out here
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-10, 09:31 PM   #2
99 TL

Car 1: 99AcuraTl
Car 2: 95Acura Integra
Car 3: 2010TL KEEP DREAMIN
Yo, Got 99Tl Pearl white, Same Problem, Put Alpine Head unit In and bam No dash lights, no clock light Ac/control lights but head units lite up.... Mine even goes as far as the exterior lights working differently. Parking lights always on... And now when I turn The car off, keys out... With the headlights left on the head unit stays on... Been trying to figure this out for 2+ years now And I've previously attended electrical school for 2 years......Ive come to the conclusion that it is the radio wiring after weeks of playing around. The dashlight wire and illumination wire (from car harness) are the key i think but havent figured it out yet. dashlights were out but after playing with those wires they are now working (not properly) but I can see speed and parking lights stay on. test for power on the dashlight and illumination wire from the cars wiring harness, cant remember which one but one has 12v and is not normal for it to have power.It should be supplied power from illumination wire on head unit. Radio did once work with aftermarket head unit with out these problems Took out Pioneer unit that came in car from previous owner. lights worked fine. Didnt like it and put alpine unit in now have problems. Maybee try changing head unit.????? no clue at this point but good luck. Come up with any solution please reply.... EMAIL:juliecourt1@comcast.net
court24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 09:04 PM   #3

Car 1: 1999 Acura TL
this same thing happened to me my mechanic figured it out and it turned out a controller module blew out somewhere in my car and it got replaced and they worked
maximus329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 09:26 AM   #4

Car 1: Honda
Car 2: Honda
Car 3: Honda
Dashlights don't work

[QUOTE=maximus329;1628684]this same thing happened to me my mechanic figured it out and it turned out a controller module blew out somewhere in my car and it got replaced and they worked[/QUO

Hey man do you know which controller module blew?
Jdallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL