Fuel injector cleaner - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL

2nd Gen TL Forum specific to the Acura TL, 1999-2003.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-03, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Fuel injector cleaner

Did anyone else ever get their fuel injectors cleaned? should try it just to see the results

took my car to get an oil change the other day and the guy some how convinced me to get my fuel injectors cleaned. Well some $49 later (cost of cleaner) it seemed as though the car pulled faster especially when i had it in SS mode. Mind you i have 19 on my car and it seems as though the car was driving with light wheels because the car was pulling hard as fock...

Btw i also added some Lucas crap to my gas tank since i got like 10 bottles for free... any thoughts
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-03, 02:20 PM   #2

Car 1: 1994 Volvo 850 T-5
Car 2: 2009 Acura MDX
How did they clean the injectors? Just curious if it was some specially formulated cleaner out there that you can't get in the stores. I'd be interested as well.

Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be. They are your rallying points: to build courage when courage seems to fail; to regain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith; to create hope when hope becomes forlorn.
-General Douglas MacArthur

husker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-03, 02:31 PM   #3
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Re: Fuel injector cleaner

Quote:
Originally posted by smoothnyc
...Well some $49 later (cost of cleaner) it seemed as though the car pulled faster especially when i had it in SS mode...

Cleaners should only cost anywhere around $5-9 unless you are buying in bulk. Still, you only put them on every other oil chance (or every 7,500 miles on my case) so $49 for the cleaner sure sounds steep.

2002 3.2TL type-S + NAV : Aegean Blue Pearl (Debadged)
*OEM tranny replacement @ 40k & 70k miles
edgalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-03, 02:43 PM   #4
token ring

Car 1: 04 bmw 330i zhp
Car 2: 06 350Z roadster
Car 3: 05 surburban&sierra 2500
no there is a professional fuel injector cleaner. they only sell it to repair shops and is not sold to the normal individual. it sprays directly into the throttle body, they remove the air intake hose. it has to sit anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. then they burn all the crap out of the throttle body and it usually comes out as white smoke out the tail pipes. it can cost anywhere from 49 bucks up to a 100 bucks. it should be done around the two year range. it only makes a big difference if you use shitty gas. you use premium all the time, then you wont see a big difference.
stinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-03, 02:57 PM   #5

Car 1: 1994 Volvo 850 T-5
Car 2: 2009 Acura MDX
Thanks Stinkboy,

That's one more piece of info to file and use when I start seeing feeling the sluggishness and the other normal things won't help.

Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be. They are your rallying points: to build courage when courage seems to fail; to regain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith; to create hope when hope becomes forlorn.
-General Douglas MacArthur

husker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 09:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by stinkboy
no there is a professional fuel injector cleaner. they only sell it to repair shops and is not sold to the normal individual. it sprays directly into the throttle body, they remove the air intake hose. it has to sit anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. then they burn all the crap out of the throttle body and it usually comes out as white smoke out the tail pipes. it can cost anywhere from 49 bucks up to a 100 bucks. it should be done around the two year range. it only makes a big difference if you use shitty gas. you use premium all the time, then you wont see a big difference.

yes all of what u just said. The white smoke did come out of my exhaust. Only thing tho is that im always putting 93 in my car and probably only put less that bout 3 times since purchase.
smoothnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 10:01 AM   #7
token ring

usually most high octane have a cleaner in them for this very purpose. some however dont, and over a matter of time you do need the professional cleaning. the more white smoke that comes out the worse clogged your injectors were.

im just saying some people wont see the major change that you did and some will.
Old 09-24-03, 01:48 PM   #8
Colombian style...

I had that done to my car about 6 months ago, the exact process Stinkboy described. I paid 89.99 for mine though!!
Old 09-24-03, 02:01 PM   #9
Acuraworld Junior Member

You might have felt like your car was pulling harder because you just had an oil change
Old 09-24-03, 02:19 PM   #10
token ring

Quote:
Originally posted by mushutofu
You might have felt like your car was pulling harder because you just had an oil change
your kidding right?
Old 09-24-03, 03:50 PM   #11
Acuraworld Junior Member

Quote:
your kidding right?
NO.

With my previous car after gettin an oil change the car ran a lot smoother and seemed to be faster. Just what I noticed.
Old 09-24-03, 04:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by mushutofu
NO.

With my previous car after gettin an oil change the car ran a lot smoother and seemed to be faster. Just what I noticed.
Maybe you should change it more often then,...
VTEC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 04:50 PM   #13
Moderator?
Supporting Member

Car 1: 08 4Runner Limited
I run a bottle of Techron through my car every couple of oil changes. On my 1st CL, by about 35k miles it sounded like it was pinging so I used the Techron for the 1st time. About 1/2 way through the tank, the car was definitely faster. I keep a plastic tub of spare computer stuff in my trunk and after the Techron, the tub would slid to the back of the trunk after WOT. That used to happen when the car was new but stopped doing it after a while. Actual proof that it worked.
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL