Interior Dashboard Lights - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL

2nd Gen TL Forum specific to the Acura TL, 1999-2003.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-03, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Interior Dashboard Lights

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if I can change the lights on my dashboard and AC control lights and the clock lights? Is there a way of opening up the dashboard and changing the bulbs to a different color? What about the speedometer, can I change the bulbs too, from white to a different color?

thanks,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-03, 04:53 AM   #2
1/2
haf

Car 1: 1990 Miata w/Jin
there is, people have done blue, white, red.....but the people who really spent their time on it said it took for ever! they had to worry about no hot spots....changing each LED or bulb individually.....so on.....i'm not trying to shy you away from doing it. just letting you know this isn't a day project.

some reading material:

blue dash meter led conversion

can we use this to change out gauge lights?

this one is a weird thread.....the info on how to do it comes later in the thread:

brighter dash light

there's more around...but those were what some quick searches found..
1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-03, 11:01 AM   #3

Here is my LED conversion

You can see the rest of the pics here

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...umName=album93

Exterior:
OEM Bodykit / OEM Spoiler with clear LED / JDM Mugen Grill / OEM Inspire Tails/ Debadged Rear / OEM Moonroof Visor / Philips 6000k D2R / H&R Sports Springs/ Cleared Headlights/ AEM SR / Grounding kit / JC Whitney Exhaust Tips / Custom Round Mesh Fog Hole / PIAA Xeon Highbeams / Motegi FF5 18x7 +45 / Kumho Ecsta 235/40/18

Interior:
Custom Indiglo gauge / Blue LED Interior Lighting / Apexi RSM / Chrome Shift Plate Mod / JDM Footwell Lighting / Razo Pedals and Shifter Knob / Varad Blue Scanner
Tatewaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-03, 12:53 PM   #4
Acuraworld Junior Member

tatewaki
how long did that take you? and is there a way to get the hue of the ac display and the clock to be the same? they seem to be off in the pic.
goober52c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-03, 04:01 PM   #5

The whole dash took me one full day to do it. The clock and AC hue are different because they are lighted up by two different LEDs: clock is a 5mm, A/C is 2 3mm. The clock is not as bright as the AC. You can add a paper filter to AC make it a bit dimmer

Exterior:
OEM Bodykit / OEM Spoiler with clear LED / JDM Mugen Grill / OEM Inspire Tails/ Debadged Rear / OEM Moonroof Visor / Philips 6000k D2R / H&R Sports Springs/ Cleared Headlights/ AEM SR / Grounding kit / JC Whitney Exhaust Tips / Custom Round Mesh Fog Hole / PIAA Xeon Highbeams / Motegi FF5 18x7 +45 / Kumho Ecsta 235/40/18

Interior:
Custom Indiglo gauge / Blue LED Interior Lighting / Apexi RSM / Chrome Shift Plate Mod / JDM Footwell Lighting / Razo Pedals and Shifter Knob / Varad Blue Scanner
Old 08-13-03, 02:33 AM   #6

Hey Tatewaki,

Can u tell me a step by step procedure on how to change the lights on my dashboard and speedometers, just the way u did it? How much lights did u need and is the lights blue? I need to change the AC, Clock, Dashboard, Sunroof Buttons, and any other buttons that you can change to blue. Can u please tell me on what type of bulbs I need to buy and from where and if I can do this project myself.

Thanks,
Jiggaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-03, 02:34 AM   #7

Also Tatewaki,

How long did it take to change the gauges and can u also tell me on how to do that also.

thanks,
Jiggaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-03, 06:42 PM   #8

My conversion includes all the buttons and switchs. Other green or orange indicator lights I've changed them to red for better constrast. You can check out this website. It contains very useful info on the conversion

http://natestl.seattleone.com/LEDProject.html

You'll need basic soldering tools and skills to do it.

The gauges I got them from www.procarparts.com They are meant for 00+ TL-P, but you can modify it to fit 99 TL with 4-spd tranny. ATL.com has detail info on how to take off the dash and gauge cluster

Any more questions just PM me

Exterior:

Interior:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL