Need to replace Brake Light bulb on Tail Lamp - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL

2nd Gen TL Forum specific to the Acura TL, 1999-2003.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-09, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura 3.2 TL-S
Need to replace Brake Light bulb on Tail Lamp

I need to change the bulb on tail light that has dual fillament one for tail light and other for brake light. I removed the faulty bulb I think the part # printed on it is 7443. I wanted to check with online community that it is the correct part number. This bulb goes on tail light extrement left bottom (red cover on top). The reason I need to be sure of part number is the local auto stores do not seem to stock this bulb anymore. amazon has this part listed under Honda. So if some one on forum can please confirm before I order and lose $20 to realize it is not working. I have a 2003 Acura 3.2TL-S. The link on amazon is

Amazon Amazon

The detals are "7443 Honda Bulb (Quantity: 10)" The picture is very small to really make sure if it is a match to what I have

Last edited by rockstart; 08-20-09 at 11:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-09, 03:36 PM   #2

Car 1: Acura 2003 TL Type-S
I have the same model car as yours. Just replaced one of my bulbs because the brake light bulb was bad. 7443 is the correct part number the 2003 TL Type-S. I purchased mine from PepBoys. Also, the bulbs are dual filament because one of the filament is the stop/brake lights and the other is for the taillight.

Last edited by Jamus1234; 08-24-09 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added more info
Jamus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 05:52 PM   #3

Car 1: 2003 3.2TL Type S
Car 2: 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD
That is the correct bulb.

I'm having the same issue with my 03TL Type S and the same light is out but on the right side. I went to Auto Zone and they dont carry the bulb anymore and no other store in the area does. I just got off the phone with someone from the parts department at Acura of Valley Stream in NY. The bulb costs about $5 and from reading another thread in this forum, it takes about 20 minutes max to replace. My advice is to go to an Acura Dealership if possible, pay the 5 or so dollars and change it yourself...

Hope this helps.
TheFrugalOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 08:34 AM   #4

Car 1: Acura 3.2 TL-S
Thanks guys. I finally found GE 7443 light bulb in walmart. I am suprised why advanced auto parts and Autozone are not carrying it any more. I replaced the bulb and it worked like a charm the sensor is off and the brake light is working. Saved me least $40 if I were to take it to a mechanic. Thanks guys for the info. Just an FYI for any new guys want to do it. The bulb is kind of press fit into the socket (not screw) so just lightly use force to pick out the old bulb. I wasted 10 minutes contempleting to use force or not and finally did it and the old bulb came out.
rockstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 02:47 PM   #5

Car 1: 2009 Corolla
Car 2: 2008 Rondo
Shattered 7443

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
Thanks guys. I finally found GE 7443 light bulb in walmart. I am suprised why advanced auto parts and Autozone are not carrying it any more. I replaced the bulb and it worked like a charm the sensor is off and the brake light is working. Saved me least $40 if I were to take it to a mechanic. Thanks guys for the info. Just an FYI for any new guys want to do it. The bulb is kind of press fit into the socket (not screw) so just lightly use force to pick out the old bulb. I wasted 10 minutes contempleting to use force or not and finally did it and the old bulb came out.
I tried to take the light bulb out of its socket and it wouldn't simply pull out. I yanked a bit to hard and it shattered in my hands cutting my fingers in several places. After getting bandaged, I had to chip away the bulb stump bit by bit before the socket was usable again. What's the secret??
ksadiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 04:21 PM   #6

Car 1: 2002 Acura RL Navi
Car 2: 2000 Acura TL
Car 3: 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
Push in and turn, the bulb will spring out.
SAKozicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL