Radio code problem 2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL

2nd Gen TL Forum specific to the Acura TL, 1999-2003.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-05, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 2002 Acura TL S-Type
Arrow Radio code problem 2002 Acura TL 3.2 Type-S (RESOLVED)

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding my car radio access code.

Recently I replaced a battery on my car and now my radio is locked (I have 2002 Acura TL 3.2 S-Type). I called dealership to find out how can I unlock it and they told me that they have to remove my car radio to get it serial number and then they'll be able to give me a code.

I don't want to do it, and am searching for another way around it, if one actually exists.

Recently I've read a post on one of the forums saying that you have to search your glove compartment for a sticker that will give a dealer an idea on what my access code is. I found a sticker and I got the same sticker under the decor panel that goes a long the middle section of my car to the dash board when I came to the dealer and he removed it. The dealer wasn't able to recover a code using alpha numeric value from the sticker and he said that I have to remove my radio anyway.

Any idea why they werenít able to recover my code? From what I see my radio was never been replaced and itís an original one that came with the car hence that sticker code should work.
Any help will be appreciated because I donít feel like taking my radio out.
Year Made: 2002

Last edited by mumick; 12-08-05 at 04:36 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-05, 06:31 PM   #2

the number under the trim panel is your serial# if they are not able to get the code from that then the radio must be sent to repair but first try this with the radio off hold preset 1 & 6 then turn radio on the display should show Uxxxx then Lxxxx write down all the numbers and drop the U & L thats your serial #
side4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 08:42 PM   #3

Thanks for reply. I got that U and L numbers. What do they mean? Upper and Lower bounds or something...

I called dealer having those numbers handy. Dealer gave me an access code but it didn't work, I have no idea what could be the problem then... I am very pissed off with this outcome. Any other ideas....
mumick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 10:31 PM   #4

Car 1: Acura 3.2TL
the previous owner, or the ppl who serviced it were nice enough to write my code in the back of the book.
THEFOREIGNKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-05, 01:30 AM   #5

the U is the first part of the serial # the L is the second part of the serial number after getting the numbers U1234 L5678 you drop the U & L and come up with 12345678 thats the serial # if that code doesn't work then you are the unlucky ones that the code has slipped through the cracks and have to have to send in the radio . oh one more thing you only have 3 trys on entering the radio after that it locks out any more attempts for a hour or 2 but can be reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
side4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-05, 01:42 PM   #6

Talking Issue has been resolved!

Hey, thanks for help everyone.

I resolved my problem and would like to share the experience. This would be useful for those who want their OEM car radio code to be recovered and do not want their car radio to be taken out of the car to get a serial number.

NO CAR RADIO SERIAL NUMBER REQUIRED!

Here are the steps:

1. Your have to call your local dealer with your VIN number asking him to find out the dealership name where your car was sold/leased in a first place.

2. Then call that dealer and ask them to look up your radio code by the VIN number. They should have it on file. They can also ask a prove of ownership of the car you are calling about (In my case one dealer asked and I had to fax my driver license and insurance card to them, another one just gave the code out).

That's it, no hassle, at least it should not be if dealer is nice enough ...

Good luck

Last edited by mumick; 12-08-05 at 04:33 PM.
mumick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-05, 05:11 PM   #7

Car 1: 02 3.2 TL Type-S
You need to let the deck reset. You have to let it blink CODE for about more than an hour or 2. Then put the code in. And that should solve your problem. If not you will have to take out the deck and let it reset, by leavin it unpplugged for more than an hour. But when u connect it you still have to let it blink CODE for more than an hour also.

If that doesnt solve your problem, then you have the wrong CODE or, I dunno ?????
- Shaved 3.2 TL Type-S emblems, soon to get rid of the big A on back and jus leave ACURA...

Jus obtained, by Summer time ill be Official...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...h_TLHIDing.jpg
Ryons02TLTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 12:09 PM   #8

acura radio code

when you reset your radio, does it reset the cd player too? my cd seems to be jammed. the door wont close and i have cd's in there.
ratch333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 04:17 PM   #9
Tastes minty
Supporting Member

My Mood: Tired

Car 1: 09 BMW 328i E93
Car 2: 06 Honda Ridgeline w/navi
Car 3: 05 Acura MDX w/navi
No, the code has nothing to do with jammed CDs. It's a common problem with these head units.

Matt
2005 BSM MDX w/navi
pianoman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-07, 11:11 PM   #10

Car 1: Acura 3.2 TL type s
im in the same boat. I got the code but doesnt work. The dealer guy told me to unplug the battery overnight and let the radio die. That didnt work either. Never tried the blinking code method. From what i heard 02 tl radio has defect and the only way to reactivate your radio is to unplug the antenna from the back of the radio headunit and the punch in the code. That worked for lot of people. I'll try the blinking code method.
dkentrepreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 06:52 PM   #11
9+ years = addiction

My Mood: Happy

Car 1: 2014 328xi BMW -m sp
When my Access code did not work using the correct access code i was going to go crazy.

What i did was entered my access code repeatly non stop. I think i entered it like 10 times. After like the last try, it worked!!!
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 01:22 PM   #12

Car 1: 2002 Acura TL-S
I had the same problem with the radio codes and they worked for me before until recently.

I called up Acura Client Services and they told me that radio frequencies are interfering with my ability to input my radio code. The support representative then told me that 1) I could go somewhere like an underground parking lot where there is little to no radio reception and then try entering the radio code or 2) Go to the dealer to have them remove the antenna so the radio code could be entered but the dealer will probably charge you money for this.

I thought about it and if you are like me, I have a FM transmitter in the car that I use with my Ipod. I tried disconnecting that from my car and I was able to enter the radio code with no issues. Everything works now.
JToon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-09, 07:55 PM   #13
9+ years = addiction

My Mood: Happy

Car 1: 2014 328xi BMW -m sp
Underground Parking lot always works for me
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 03:41 PM   #14

I'm having the same problem too -- and I know I'm using the right code because I've used it twice in the past with no issues. I tried entering it 10 times and locked the radio, I'll try some of the other methods discussed as well. Also a 02 TL.

When people are saying "send the radio in", where would you send it in to? And how much does that cost?
MBL MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 08:30 AM   #15

I don't know how but the problem with my radio not accepting the code is fixed. After trying dozens of times with no luck, constantly unplugging/replugging the battery, etc., it ended up working. The scenario was, I had plugged the battery in and tried the code twice and it didn't work, drove around for about 45 minutes, tried once more and failed, turned the radio off (with the power button) and then back on and the code worked that time. I believe it's just an intermittent problem with the radios and if it happens to you, just be patient and keep trying. It took me about 2 days to get mine to work.
MBL MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 2nd Gen TL