97 Acura TL 3.2 - Factory Alarm...How to disable and remove? What alarm to buy??? - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 1st Gen TL

1st Gen TL A forum related to model years 96-98 TL.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-04, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Acuraworld Junior Member

97 Acura TL 3.2 - Factory Alarm...How to disable and remove? What alarm to buy???

I'm new to this forum so please be patient. I have an 1997 Acura TL 3.2 with no modifications besides a K&N air filter.

For about 6-10 months now, the alarm will go off for NO reason. Example, the car is parked in my home garage for a couple of hours and then it just went off. I did not arm the alarm. The doors were unlocked after I got out of the car. There is no consistency either with it going off like certain times of the day or anything like that.

Yesterday i was in a parking lot and when i used my key to unlock the door, the alarm went off. when i stuck my key in the ignition and cranked it, nothing happened and the alarm continued to go off. I had to disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes, plug it in and hurry and turn the car on.

I know there is something wrong with the alarm b/c on many occasions when i press lock on the key pad, the doors will lock and then continue to lock themselves 10 or 15 times and eventually stop.

Is there ANY WAY for me to DISABLE the factory alarm?
If i do this, what alarm do yall recommend getting?
I just need something very basic. Are they hard to install?

Thanks,
John
jataga@att.net
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-04, 12:55 PM   #2

Re: 97 Acura TL 3.2 - Factory Alarm...How to disable and remove? What alarm to buy???

Quote:
Originally posted by jataga
I'm new to this forum so please be patient. I have an 1997 Acura TL 3.2 with no modifications besides a K&N air filter.

For about 6-10 months now, the alarm will go off for NO reason. Example, the car is parked in my home garage for a couple of hours and then it just went off. I did not arm the alarm. The doors were unlocked after I got out of the car. There is no consistency either with it going off like certain times of the day or anything like that.

Yesterday i was in a parking lot and when i used my key to unlock the door, the alarm went off. when i stuck my key in the ignition and cranked it, nothing happened and the alarm continued to go off. I had to disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes, plug it in and hurry and turn the car on.

I know there is something wrong with the alarm b/c on many occasions when i press lock on the key pad, the doors will lock and then continue to lock themselves 10 or 15 times and eventually stop.

Is there ANY WAY for me to DISABLE the factory alarm?
If i do this, what alarm do yall recommend getting?
I just need something very basic. Are they hard to install?

Thanks,
John
jataga@att.net
just go down to your local car audio shop and have them install a new alarm and disconnect your old one. I had pretty much the same symptoms that you are having on my 98 and I did just that. Oh and if you let it go for long enough you will blow out your horn. now I have no way to honk at other drivers
Wampum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-04, 01:03 PM   #3
\/\/ () |''' |))

I really would like to get an aftermarket alarm on my 97 TL - what brands are good to look at?

-LegendC
Polyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-04, 02:55 PM   #4
Japanese Baseball Champion

clifford or viper

TLontheDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-04, 03:17 PM   #5

compustar if you really want to go top of the line

I used to have a clifford that was pretty sweet, I now have a Autopage.
Wampum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-04, 03:32 PM   #6
Japanese Baseball Champion

i had a clifford and it was AWSOME!! i had it pretty sensitive too. so sensitive that when someone would kind of slam the garage door, it would go off. of course thunder would make it go off. you can also get the option of getting motion sensor so it would chirp if someone walked next to it. Its the best to get motion sensor.

TLontheDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-04, 09:59 PM   #7
Acuraworld Junior Member

Does anyone know how to disable a factory acura TL 3.2 alarm? I just want to remove it!
jataga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 10:30 PM   #8

My car does the same thing. I'll hit the alarm, get inside my car and the locks will be clicking for about five min. I had a viper alarm installed and it still does the same thing. Now I just deal with it. fugit
kosmicfreak78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 10:34 PM   #9

ohh! and about removing the factory alarm. fugetaboutit. the after market alarm works off the factory alarm. w/o it, it wont be able to open your doors. among other things I forget
kosmicfreak78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 1st Gen TL