newb here. and a question - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 1st Gen TL

1st Gen TL A forum related to model years 96-98 TL.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-12, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

newb here. and a question

hello acuraworld. I wanta introduce myself really fast and also have a question. First off im new to owning a tl. My dad owned a 1st generation legend and also owned a 2nd generation legend all as my dad says smoove. the 2nd generation got stolen so he went and bought a 1st generation tl. so i guess its kinda in the blood to buy acuras. my wife is on her way to getting a third generation tl. So ill be posting her car along with some light changes. so my question is one of my friends is selling a 1996 acura tl with 175k body is fine interior is good. im thinking about buying it but i dont know much about what i should check or get checked out to make sure its a decent car. he said he would be willing to take it to aamco to have them diagnose it so i know what the deal is. is there anything else that i should look at or anything that i should look out for. any advice would be appreciated. thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-13, 12:17 PM   #2

96 Acura 2.5 TL. looking for electrical connector passenger headlight
marko27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 11:25 PM   #3
Japanese Baseball Champion

check to see if the door handles are still in tact. A lot of times, the springs inside pop off so when you pull on the handle to open the door, that handle doesn't pull itself back in place.

Check for the A/C vents. they tend to snap and break easily after years of being beaten by the exposure to sun. Other than that, the engine should be solid. The 1st gen TL is the only generation that was built and assembled in Japan.

TLontheDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 12:56 PM   #4

Car 1: 91 Acura NSX
Car 2: 90 Mazda B2600i
Car 3: 93 Honda Accord SE
Find out when the timing belt was last changed. If you can't determine when it was done.....CHANGE IT. You will be SORRY if you let it break..... Even if all you change is the belt and not the water pump. Now let me say if you have to pay someone to do the belt, do the pump. If you can do it yourself and don't want to pay the $100 for an OEM pump at least do the belt, if you have to pay do them both.
Brad
OLDMNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 1st Gen TL