AP Tech Aftermarket Windshield Glass? - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TSX > 1st Gen TSX

1st Gen TSX A Forum for the 1st Gen Acura TSX!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-10, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

AP Tech Aftermarket Windshield Glass?

Living in Arizona, it's almost impossible to go long without getting your windshield cracked by a rock. Luckily, I've been able to make it five years, but I now have a large crack in the center of the windshield, so it's time to get it replaced. I've done a lot of research, and read many forum posts concerning OEM aftermarket versus Honda/Acura factory glass. My preference would be to replace the window with Honda factory glass (which on my '05 TSX was made by Asahi out of Japan), but I'm also considering using aftermarket glass made by Asahi's US subsidiary, AP Tech. As far as aftermarket goes, using aftermarket glass made by the original glass company that made the glass for Honda seems preferable over another brand like Pilkington.

My question concerns AP Tech aftermarket glass. Has anyone replaced their TSX windshield with AP Tech aftermarket glass? What are your thoughts about it? How's the fit? Is the glass identical to the original Asahi/Honda glass, including thickness, glass tint color, visor tinting, dot matrix pattern around the sides, rear view window mount, etc. If not, how does it differ?

Hopefully I can get some feedback about AP Tech glass, so I can decide whether to go with it or go with the factory glass. If everything is identical, I'd go with AP Tech and save about $600. Thanks!

BTW, if anyone lives in the Phoenix metro area and could recommend a good glass shop, it would be appreciated!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-10, 07:04 PM   #2

check out pgw glass too (used to be called ppg) - i just got it installed this week and i personally think it's better than the original.

the one i got is called pgw solargreen, it's got a very slight greenish tint and the tinted strip up top and the dot pattern around the glass and the rear view mirror look the same as on the original.
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TSX > 1st Gen TSX