Acura World banner

08 TL crazy mirrors, no seat memory. Fuse 20 good

18K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Hondacuraplanet 
#1 ·
OK, I know this has been talked about before, but none of the answers are valid.

08 TL navi
Mirrors go crazy on start up, never going to a memory position.
Seat memory does not work, no lights, nothing.
Rear view self dimming mirror WORKS
Windsheild wiper motor WORKS
Fuse 20 fine.

#4 ·
Sorry if you think I'm being pushy. I'm just covered in grease and sweat. 90 degrees in TX today 2-21.

Just looking for a quick response, but no worries. I'm in the AC now.

Car sitting in the driveway torn down. Gotta rent to get to work tomorrow.

No rush any more.

#5 ·
I think I'm the only regular poster left here, and unfortunately I don't get here every day......

Here are a couple things to try. I've attached a bulletin for the mirrors, and the manual suggests a reset of the memory for the seat as a first step:

Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the audio system and the navigation system (if equipped). Make sure the ignition switch is OFF. Disconnect the negative battery cable for at least 30 seconds. After reconnecting the battery, enter the anti-theft codes for the audio system and the navigation system (if equipped), then set the clock (on vehicles without navigation).

Erasing the Driving Position from Memory

Press and hold all three driving position memory switch bottoms.

Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Continue to hold all three driving position memory switches for more than 5 seconds, and release them in less than 10 seconds.

The buzzer will sound for 500 ms to confirm that all driving position data is erased.

Attachments

#6 ·
Thanks for helping.
I disconnected the battery overnight. Have a 04 Infiniti FX35 that had some challenges that I disconnected at the same time.
This morning the FX was fixed!
The Acura was not.
I'll try the other steps you suggested and look at the mirror information.
Do you think it may be a mirror actuator? I've heard that the seats and mirror memory circuits run through them.

#7 ·
Awesome Service Bulletin.
You are a great resource. Thanks.
Looks like a try at reset, then look for good prices on actuators.
95 down here in TX today. I need top get going on this. My garage is not air conditioned and the summer is going to be brutal.

#8 ·
Reset the system as per instructions.

Wow, First time in a year that the car mirrors did not go spastic on restart.

After clearing the memory, I reset the seat/mirror setting. On restart, the passenger mirror went off again (but not the drivers mirror). I was surprised I could even use the buttons, they have rejected all input since problem started. I thought they were broken or corroded.

Guessing I need a new passenger mirror actuator (you think I need both?). Looks like the instructions to replace them can be followed, by even me (I am so stupid sometimes).

Your help was a God send. Thanks.

It may be a while to get this done. Work out of state. maybe a month +/-. Will post results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.