HFL locked howto reset without going to dealer? - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 3rd Gen TL

3rd Gen TL Forum for the GV platform TL - 2004 to 2008.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-08, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura TL 2007
Smile HFL locked howto reset without going to dealer?

I just got bought a 07 TL with Navigation and everything works great, except for the Handsfree link. Everytime I press the button it says that I need to enter the 4 digit passcode which i dont have. And I have no idea what it is and the previous owner doesn't either. I tried the basic ones of "1 2 3 4" "0 0 0 0" and several other combos with no luck.

I read through the threads and almost all the solutions have been going to the dealer. I really don't want to go to the dealer so I am trying to find alternatives.

I saw 2 possible alternatives which were:

-Disconnecting the battery and connecting them both to each other for 15mins, however i didn't see them say it work with a TL with Navi..

-Was taking out the #7 fuse and putting it back on which would reset the HFL.

however, there hasn't been any confirmations on it working so I haven't done them yet. Has anyone been able to reset or bypass the code without having to take it to dealer?

Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-08, 06:25 PM   #2

Car 1: Acura TL 2008
This operation clears the HFL of
your passcode, your paired phones,
all names in the HFL phonebook,
and all imported phonebooks.
Clearing is recommended before you
sell your vehicle.
Press and release the Talk button.
After the beep, say ‘‘System.’’ The
HFL response is, ‘‘System options
are setup and clear.’’
After the beep, say ‘‘Clear.’’ The
HFL response is, ‘‘This process
will clear all paired phones, clear
all entries in the phonebook, and
clear the passcode. Is this what
you would like to do?’’
After the beep, say ‘‘Yes.’’ The
HFL response is ‘‘Preparing to
clear all paired phones, all
phonebook entries, and the
passcode. This may take up to 2
minutes to complete.’’ Press and
release the Talk button. After the
beep, say ‘‘OK’’ to proceed, or say
‘‘Go back’’ or ‘‘Cancel.’’
If you said ‘‘OK,’’ after a short
period of time, the HFL response
is, ‘‘System has been cleared.
Returning to the main menu.’’
Old 12-30-08, 06:49 PM   #3

Thanks GeezerB, I will give that a try when I get off work and will let you know if that did the trick!
DyTL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 10:35 PM   #4

Dam it didnt work it doesnt even allow me to say system. When I press talk button the girl voice goes on and it says its locked and needs the 4 digit passcode.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 12-31-08, 12:11 AM   #5

Car 1: 07 Acura TL
Car 2: 10 Mazda3
Did you buy your TL from a someone? When I bought mine brand new the dealer gave me a card with a few passcodes (might be 4 of them), I remember having one for audio system, 1 for navigation and I am assuming there must be one for Handfree Link as well.

And DO NOT disconnect your battery if you do not have any passcodes when you bought your TL. Cuz disconnect the battery will reset a few of your car electronics setting and you will be asked to enter passcode for your audio system as well (which means your stereo is disabled until you enter the correct passcode). My TL battery went dead on me once and that is how I know, but good thing I got all the passcodes with me to enter.

Either way, if I were you I would check with the person or dealer you bought your TL from 1st for passcodes, if not I think you will have no choice but to go to the Acura dealer.
petroxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 12:48 AM   #6

Car 1: Acura TL 2008
I would try to d/l the 07 manual & browse for the applicable section (assuming you don't have a hard copy). If you do, read it, as the part I quoted was from the 2008 manual I d/l from Acura.
Old 01-02-09, 12:14 PM   #7

To the original poster. Your system has been "locked". This is most likely due to someone disconnecting the battery. The BEST way for you to get it reset is to take it to a dealership and pay them to unlock it for you. They can do this by looking up your car's serial number and then getting the codes listed in the system. These codes are often put in there by the dealership when they previously serviced the car under the prior owner. Of course, these codes should also be easily obtainable as most keep them in the original owner's manual. There are typically only two codes (one for the NAVI and one for the radio). These two codes are NOT the same. If you NAVI and radio both work already, then you should not be "locked out" of anything. Rather, you have to pair your phone as a new device in order to get it to work. This is also in the manual. If you bought a car and did not (for some reason) get a manual, I would be VERY suspicious of the source of the car (i.e. stolen or reposed?) in which case, you have to once again "bite the bullet" and realize that your purchase (without manuals) is going to cost you more than you planned.
2001 CLK55 Silver (Gone - too fast)
1997 BMW 740iL Deep Purple (Gone - too many miles)
1987 Convertible Corvette Deep Red (Gone)
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 11:15 PM   #8

Took it to the dealer today and they tried resetting 2 times with no luck. They said that it might be a bad handsfree link and wanted to do a diagnostic on it but i had to go back to work. gahh..just want it to work..
Old 02-01-10, 12:00 AM   #9

Was having the same problem, took it to dealer it worked but after a week it wasn't working again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyTL07 View Post
I just got bought a 07 TL with Navigation and everything works great, except for the Handsfree link. Everytime I press the button it says that I need to enter the 4 digit passcode which i dont have. And I have no idea what it is and the previous owner doesn't either. I tried the basic ones of "1 2 3 4" "0 0 0 0" and several other combos with no luck.

I read through the threads and almost all the solutions have been going to the dealer. I really don't want to go to the dealer so I am trying to find alternatives.

I saw 2 possible alternatives which were:

-Disconnecting the battery and connecting them both to each other for 15mins cars, however i didn't see them say it work with a TL with Navi..

-Was taking out the #7 fuse and putting it back on which would reset the HFL.

however, there hasn't been any confirmations on it working so I haven't done them yet tires. Has anyone been able to reset or bypass the code without having to take it to dealer?

Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-03-10, 09:47 PM   #10

Car 1: 2007 Acura RL
Just did it today, call you local locksmith and ask them if they have GNA600 tool (dealer scan tool), it is take him 5 min, go to - electronics - hands free link - cancel all passwords !
Klmauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 06:52 PM   #11

Car 1: Acura TL 2006
I have a 2006 Acura TL and have the same problem. I cannot access the System because the Handsfeee is locked and I don't know how to reset it.
jerryK2195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 12:47 AM   #12

Car 1: acura mdx
mine is a 06 mdx but 9999 was my 4 digit code. hope that works for you
pthrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 3rd Gen TL