Acura World banner

Transmission issue in 2008 Acura TL

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Nanner Pilot 
#1 ·
I am having transmission issue in my 2008 Acura TL(110k miles). I took it to Acura dealer and they told me replace with a new transmission which may cost around $5000. I then took it to another mechanic which quoted $1800 for installing a used transmission($1000 for used transmission and fluids and $800 for labor cost). Now I am confused which way to go. $5000 is too high based on the return value of my car but then I don't know if $800 is right amount for labor cost which the other mechanic quoted me. Which way should I go and is $1800 right amount for a used transmission installation?

#4 ·
I paid $2500 for my tranny to be rebuilt by my normal local mechanic shop. The labor was $817 to R&R the trans itself. The transmission shop charged $1200 for the labor required for the overhaul. And the parts required for the overhaul (overhaul kit, rebuilt torque converter, etc.) were a little over $400. Mine is an 04 TL. So yeah, $800 for the labor to R&R a used transmission in your car sounds right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.