Acura World banner

B16 burning oil

9K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  S2K2K4 
#1 ·
So My b16 burns a little oil. any idea why and how to fix it:wtf:??

#4 ·
Agreed with the presented options. And you're sure you aren't leaking it? B series motors often will leak from the camshaft seal in front of the distributor.

#5 ·
I think hes blowing smoke from his exhaust...so prob something internal.

I had to replace a camshaft seal and vtec spool gasket cause they were leaking, but I never had any smoke from the tailpipe.

I dont even burn any oil in vtec. My tegs motor is running very strong, usually most b series motors will burn oil in vtec after 100,000 miles.

But i do have the annoying click noises from the head I need to have my valves adjusted. My motor can be pretty loud when its not warmed up. :cry:

#7 ·
Its just a little. Maybe a quart every week and a half to two. And it leaks ver very slowy from the oil pan. like some times theres just a drop or two when ive been parked for a long period of time. It doesnt smoke. I did notice some oil below my dizzy. Maybe it is leaking there???

Also a buddy is talkin some stuff about putting a b16 or gsr trans on his ls, ius this a good idea???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.