nitrous on a gsr - Acura Forum : Acura Forums

Integra Forum related to the Acura Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-08, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

nitrous on a gsr

what is the largest wet shot of nitrous can you spray on a stock gsr safely? i have ran nitrous for a while on my other gsr motor it was a 75 shot but started smoking so i got a new motor but still want to spray but not hurt my motor to badly

Last edited by 94gsrteg-n20; 10-15-08 at 05:42 PM. Reason: not enough info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-21-08, 10:04 PM
just call me moe

Send a message via MSN to rewsintegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gsrteg-n20 View Post
what is the largest wet shot of nitrous can you spray on a stock gsr safely? i have ran nitrous for a while on my other gsr motor it was a 75 shot but started smoking so i got a new motor but still want to spray but not hurt my motor to badly
if you want to keep your motor running dont use nitrous at all. its not meant for prolonged use. its fine if it is a track car and can rebuild it but not for a dd.

post #3 of 4 Old 10-22-08, 12:36 AM
Boost, not in C.A.

Send a message via AIM to food2000
Quote:
I understand bolting on intakes and exhaust without any research or care in building the car but you've really gotta take modding more seriously.

You've made a few post regarding nitrous and there's gobs of info out there.

75 wet shot is the safe maximum you'll want to push your engine but again, make sure you take the neccesary precautions before you spray.

Here's a nitrious 101 guide for you to read: Nitrous Basics - Team Integra

I'd suggest you read about how an engine works and what exactly you're doing to the car.

The reason i'm getting on you is because your question could be found in maybe 3-5 minutes of searching. I don't mind pointing people in the right direction but spoon feeding isn't anyone's cup of tea.

Never turbo your daily on limited funds.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-22-08, 09:14 AM
Give the rabbit some TRIX

Quote:
Well, along with what everyone else said.. you should know that.....racing...your going to go through parts if not engines there is no way around it....no matter how well a driver you are.... a stock engine isn't designed to take that kind of prolonged abuse. I mean you could at least be nice to ur car and upgrade the pistons, rings, and retainers if you still insist on running spray. And I know I'm not alone here on the site when I say that I would strongly not recommend running spray in a DD.

Part Installed so far:

-Custom CAI w/ bypass valve
-Skunk2 Coilovers
-Skunk2 Adjustable Upper Control Arms (Camber Kit)
-2.5inch Cat Back Exhaust
-Buddy Club Short Shifter
-Greddy 4-2-1 Stainless Steel Header

Appearance:

-5% all around black tint
-JABBA the Hutt air freshener
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Coupe / Hatchback > Integra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.