2017 MDX Tech. Navigation Problem - Acura Forum : Acura Forums

MDX Forum related to the Acura MDX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-16, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

2017 MDX Tech. Navigation Problem

I have a 2017 MDX for just over 3 months. The Navigation system has failed about 8-10 times where the position of the vehicle is completely wrong until the system resets. This incorrect positioning can last 5-15 minutes. Brought the vehicle in for service. Dealer had the problem occur but doesn't know what causes it. Has happened twice since then. Has anyone had this same problem and, if yes, what was the fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-25-16, 09:28 AM

very useful article, thank you

Long Biên Trucks provide best quality products, xe đầu kéo (tractors) , xe tải thùng (vans) , xe chở xăng dầu (fuel trucks) , phụ tùng xe tải (
Truck spare parts) , xe bồn trộn bê tông (Concrete mixing tank cars), xe gắn cẩu tự hành (
vehicle mounted mobile cranes), somi-romooc , xe ben (tipper).
Web : xetailongbien.com
post #3 of 4 Old 03-11-17, 10:35 AM
Awaiting Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro View Post
I have a 2017 MDX for just over 3 months. The Navigation system has failed about 8-10 times where the position of the vehicle is completely wrong until the system resets. This incorrect positioning can last 5-15 minutes. Brought the vehicle in for service. Dealer had the problem occur but doesn't know what causes it. Has happened twice since then. Has anyone had this same problem and, if yes, what was the fix?
We have this exact problem on our 2017 MDX Advance. Vehicle has been back 3 times for a total of 3.5 weeks. Dealer said they replaced antenna, entertainment system interface and hard drive with a new one direct from the manufacturer of the drives. Thought the problem was fixed but it occurred again last week. Took 10 minutes of driving along a major highway before it found itself.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-19-17, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan F View Post
We have this exact problem on our 2017 MDX Advance. Vehicle has been back 3 times for a total of 3.5 weeks. Dealer said they replaced antenna, entertainment system interface and hard drive with a new one direct from the manufacturer of the drives. Thought the problem was fixed but it occurred again last week. Took 10 minutes of driving along a major highway before it found itself.
Thanks Ivan for making me feel I am not alone on this. My system works generally well now EXCEPT when driving in Manhattan. I understand that tall buildings can cause interference. It only corrects when I am near either the Hudson or East River. This is the 6th MDX I have had since 2004 all with navigation and the 2017 is the worst performing system I have experienced. Will look for a service bulletin but it sounds like Acura doesn't really know what to do.

Last edited by micro; 04-19-17 at 01:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > MDX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.