HandsFreeLink Problems - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > MDX

MDX Forum related to the Acura MDX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-05, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acura MDXTouring 2005

HandsFreeLink Problems

I just purchased a 2005 MDX tourning from Criswell Acura in Annapolis,MD. I have made three trips to the dealer for problems with the HandsFreeLink with no help in sight. I have been unable to pair a Motorola v600 or v505 with the HFL. Everyone, dealer, Acura, HFL support, Acura owners support, Motorola, and AT&T point the finger at someone else. The problem appears to be in the HandsFreeLink Bluetooth implementation since everything else links easily with both of these phones. The HandsFreeLink support people are not only not user friendly they are down right user hostile. There website is joke, having exactly the same paring instructions repeated for every phone model listed. Oh and by the way of the 30 to 50 Bluetooth phones on the market, the approved list at HandsFreeLink.com is only about 10, only a fraction of the current market. Why did Acura put a system not ready for prime time into their luxury models? (Acura MDX 2005).

I beleive the HandsFreeLink unit may be defective and I will take it to the dealer and demand repair on Monday
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-05, 04:56 PM   #2
Cajun Gumbo Man

Car 1: 2004 Acura RL
Car 2: 2007 Acura MDX
Car 3: 2007 Acura RDX
I have both the 05 MDX and a 04 RL. I don't use the bluetooth feature in the X because I use on-star. My point is, I had issues with my onstar with the RL when I bought it. Calling Onstar was a complete WASTE of time and not helpful. Solution was bringing it to the dealership, kindly placing the key on the service rep. desk and told him to call me when it was FIXED ! NO EXCEPTIONS ! They found 6 chips bad in the hardware and fixed it ! Bring it back to Acura and be firm !

2004 Acura RL Navi Black/Ebony Delivery date: 06/19/04 Full Mask, MoonVisor, Trunk Mat, wheel locks, Replaced all bulbs, interior/exterior with PIAA bulbs, otherwise pure stock.

Converted to Zaino on 06-18-2001
Fabvsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-05, 01:39 AM   #3
Acura MDXTouring 2005

Thanks

Thanks for your input. Exactly what I intend to do. It' become clear that it is a HandFreeLink probelm. A tech at Cingular tried several phones and could not get anything to pair with the system. The dealers appear to be clueless for the most part. I've had to waste a lot of time on this.
DigitalMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > MDX