Power Door Lock Problem - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > MDX

MDX Forum related to the Acura MDX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-05, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Power Door Lock Problem

Has anyone had problems with their keyless entry or manual door lock switch? I can lock the doors with the key fob and from inside using the switch. When I try to unlock the doors with the key fob it simply flashes the lights, but will not unlock them when I use the switch inside, it unlocks all the doors except the drivers door. I have already tried to reprogram the fobs, but that did not help. I think the problem is isolated to the drivers side only. I now have to manually pull up on the door lock to get the door open. Any suggestions?
03 Cobra
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-05, 10:56 PM   #2
Tastes minty
Supporting Member

My Mood: Tired

Car 1: 09 BMW 328i E93
Car 2: 06 Honda Ridgeline w/navi
Car 3: 05 Acura MDX w/navi
Definitely sounds like an issue with the actuator on the driver's side. When you unlock with the remote, the first push does just the driver's door and the second push does all the other doors and the hatch. Try that with your remote and see if when you do the second push all the rest of the doors open except the driver's side. If they do and the driver's side still doesn't, then you've definitely got a faulty actuator there. The fact that the switch inside will do all but the driver's door leads me to believe the same thing.

Matt
2005 BSM MDX w/navi
pianoman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 11:34 PM   #3

That is what I thought too, but what is strange is that it will lock from the remote and the switch, but it will not unlock any doors no matter how many times I press the unlock button on the remote, when I use the switch inside it unlocks all the doors except the drivers???? Who knows, I took it to the dealer today and even the service writer was surprized by it's behavior.
03 Cobra
fastgascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-05, 12:51 AM   #4
Tastes minty
Supporting Member

My Mood: Tired

Car 1: 09 BMW 328i E93
Car 2: 06 Honda Ridgeline w/navi
Car 3: 05 Acura MDX w/navi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgascar
That is what I thought too, but what is strange is that it will lock from the remote and the switch, but it will not unlock any doors no matter how many times I press the unlock button on the remote, when I use the switch inside it unlocks all the doors except the drivers???? Who knows, I took it to the dealer today and even the service writer was surprized by it's behavior.
Actually that's not really that surprising. Most of the Japanese automakers use an actuator that requires a single electrical pulse to lock and a double electrical pulse to unlock (or vice versa). That's why you have two different buttons on the remote--it's not a device that toggles one way or the other with each subsequent press of the remote. Obviously, something has happened to the actuator on the driver's door that won't let it receive (or accept) the double-pulse unlock, but it can receive the single pulse lock. Rather, the switch inside seems to indicate that. The fact that it is doing something different from the remote may be a bigger issue, such as the PCM that controls the locks being possibly defective.

Matt
2005 BSM MDX w/navi
pianoman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-05, 04:17 PM   #5

Location: from brooklyn new york, living in colorado for the last 10 years.

Car 1: 2000 ACURA TL
I WOULD SAY THAT THE VEHICLE WOULD HAVE TO BE CHECKED, TO SAY THAT ITS A ACTULATOR WITH DUPLICATING THE CONCERN WOULD BE INCORRECT. WE ALL NOW THAT ACURAS AND HONDAS ARE EXCELLENT VEHICLE BUT THEY ARE NOT PERFECT, AND ALL HONDAS AND ACURAS AT TIMES MAY HAVE PIN FIT PROBLEMS, AND THAT IS MOST LIKELY YOUR PROBLEM. THERE ARE ALSO SIX MULTIPLEX UNITS IN THIS VEHICLE, IF IT WAS A MULTIPLEX PROBLEM IT WOULD HAPPEN TO ALL THE DOORS OR IT WOULD HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE DUPLICATED TO BE CORRECTED.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-05, 04:22 PM   #6

I took it into the dealer and they replaced the Drivers side actuator and that did not fix the problem, they ordered in 2 mulitplex units and that fixed the problem. Only it costed me about $32K since I was waiting for a ride I decided to take a TL home instead....
03 Cobra
fastgascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 11:20 AM   #7

Car 1: Stolichret
Car 2: Pofactylo
Car 3: qwerty
Thank you*informed me.

Last edited by ndersfeopew; 07-07-14 at 05:38 PM.
ndersfeopew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > MDX