Power Door Lock Problem - Acura Forum : Acura Forums

MDX Forum related to the Acura MDX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-05, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Power Door Lock Problem

Has anyone had problems with their keyless entry or manual door lock switch? I can lock the doors with the key fob and from inside using the switch. When I try to unlock the doors with the key fob it simply flashes the lights, but will not unlock them when I use the switch inside, it unlocks all the doors except the drivers door. I have already tried to reprogram the fobs, but that did not help. I think the problem is isolated to the drivers side only. I now have to manually pull up on the door lock to get the door open. Any suggestions?

05 TL 6M Navi
04 MDX Touring SB DVD/NAVI
05 SDuty
03 Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-03-05, 10:56 PM
Tastes minty

My Mood: Tired
Definitely sounds like an issue with the actuator on the driver's side. When you unlock with the remote, the first push does just the driver's door and the second push does all the other doors and the hatch. Try that with your remote and see if when you do the second push all the rest of the doors open except the driver's side. If they do and the driver's side still doesn't, then you've definitely got a faulty actuator there. The fact that the switch inside will do all but the driver's door leads me to believe the same thing.

Matt
2005 BSM MDX w/navi
post #3 of 7 Old 08-03-05, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

That is what I thought too, but what is strange is that it will lock from the remote and the switch, but it will not unlock any doors no matter how many times I press the unlock button on the remote, when I use the switch inside it unlocks all the doors except the drivers???? Who knows, I took it to the dealer today and even the service writer was surprized by it's behavior.

05 TL 6M Navi
05 SDuty
03 Cobra
post #4 of 7 Old 08-04-05, 12:51 AM
Tastes minty

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgascar
That is what I thought too, but what is strange is that it will lock from the remote and the switch, but it will not unlock any doors no matter how many times I press the unlock button on the remote, when I use the switch inside it unlocks all the doors except the drivers???? Who knows, I took it to the dealer today and even the service writer was surprized by it's behavior.
Actually that's not really that surprising. Most of the Japanese automakers use an actuator that requires a single electrical pulse to lock and a double electrical pulse to unlock (or vice versa). That's why you have two different buttons on the remote--it's not a device that toggles one way or the other with each subsequent press of the remote. Obviously, something has happened to the actuator on the driver's door that won't let it receive (or accept) the double-pulse unlock, but it can receive the single pulse lock. Rather, the switch inside seems to indicate that. The fact that it is doing something different from the remote may be a bigger issue, such as the PCM that controls the locks being possibly defective.

Matt
2005 BSM MDX w/navi
post #5 of 7 Old 09-02-05, 04:17 PM

Location: from brooklyn new york, living in colorado for the last 10 years.
I WOULD SAY THAT THE VEHICLE WOULD HAVE TO BE CHECKED, TO SAY THAT ITS A ACTULATOR WITH DUPLICATING THE CONCERN WOULD BE INCORRECT. WE ALL NOW THAT ACURAS AND HONDAS ARE EXCELLENT VEHICLE BUT THEY ARE NOT PERFECT, AND ALL HONDAS AND ACURAS AT TIMES MAY HAVE PIN FIT PROBLEMS, AND THAT IS MOST LIKELY YOUR PROBLEM. THERE ARE ALSO SIX MULTIPLEX UNITS IN THIS VEHICLE, IF IT WAS A MULTIPLEX PROBLEM IT WOULD HAPPEN TO ALL THE DOORS OR IT WOULD HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE DUPLICATED TO BE CORRECTED.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-02-05, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

I took it into the dealer and they replaced the Drivers side actuator and that did not fix the problem, they ordered in 2 mulitplex units and that fixed the problem. Only it costed me about $32K since I was waiting for a ride I decided to take a TL home instead....

05 TL 6M Navi
05 SDuty
03 Cobra
post #7 of 7 Old 06-16-14, 11:20 AM

Thank you*informed me.

Last edited by ndersfeopew; 07-07-14 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > MDX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.