Radio removal MDX - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > MDX

MDX Forum related to the Acura MDX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-05, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Radio removal MDX

I have a CD stick in the 6-CD changer. The CD player won't work & I get an error message. I think that I need to remove the radio/CD unit to get the CD out. Does anyone have any suggestions or know the redio removeal steps? Thanks, Pete M
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-05, 12:54 PM   #2

Car 1: 1995 Legend L
Acura MDX

This link contains instructions on how to remove your stereo. Once you remove your stereo, you may or may not be able to reach the CD to get it out.
mossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-05, 04:25 PM   #3

Location: from brooklyn new york, living in colorado for the last 10 years.

Car 1: 2000 ACURA TL
YOU KNOW I HAVE HAD ONE OF THOSE RADIOS APART AND CAN I TELL YOU THAT ITS NOT FUN OR EASY. YOU HAVE A VERY DIFFICULT TASK IN FRONT OF YOU. WHAT I WOULD RECOMMEND IS TO REMOVE THE RADIO AND TAKE IT TO A RADIO SHOP FOR REPAIRS AND THEY WILL FIX IT AND RETURN ALL YOUR CD'S BACK. P.S. BECAREFUL REMOVING THE AUDIO UNIT AND THE TRIM PIECE THAT WOOD GRAIN IS EXPENSIVE AND ALSO YOU CAN DING AND SCRATCH YOU DASH UP AND THAT HARD PLASTIC IS NOT FORGIVING.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-05, 09:43 AM   #4

CD removed successfully

The local dealer. Clair Acura North in No. Hampton, NH took a crack at the stuck CD. I told them that if they couldn't fix it, just leave the radio/cd unit on the floor & I'd take it elsewhere. I thought that they would take it out to try to fix it. The trained Acura technician must have pushed the CD eject electric and the manual buttons, the CD didn't come out, so he gave up, took out the radio/cd, left it on the floor and charged me $97.00, DUH!! What a ripoff. In my opinion, not great folks there. I wish that they would have explained their process better to me. I would not have chosen them. My fault I guess for not asking the questions that I didn't know to ask.
So, my wife & I put the unit on the kitchen table, removed the unit top ( just a few very visable screws, and there was the CD, looking at us. We gently pushed it out, put the unit top back on. Then we reinstalled the radio/cd unit into the dashboard by matching up the screws left by the trained Acura tech with the other screws in the dashboard chassis. Piece of cake. Took all of 30 45 minutes total. Toal radio/CD unit now works great.
pwmpci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > MDX