SRS indicator in RSX - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Acura Forums Acura Forums

Go Back   Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Featured Forums > Ask The Dealer

Ask The Dealer Why did I get a Ford Focus loaner? When will new parts be available for the TSX? Ask all this and more!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-12, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Mood: Blah

Car 1: Saturn Coupe
Car 2: Toyota Celica
Car 3: Acura RSX
Question SRS indicator in RSX

Hello Acura People!

The SRS indicator light in my '05 RSX is on. The manual says it "could" be a problem with the front airbags or seat belts, or it could simply be an error message. Doesn't really make a gal feel safe driving around, but my dealership charges $80 just for me to bring it in for them to tell me what's wrong.

I don't want to pay a hefty fee just to have someone tell me it's a false alert... any advice? Are shops like AutoZone able to diagnose the cause of the alert reading?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-12, 01:28 AM   #2

Car 1: 05 Acura EL
Car 2: 08 Acura RDX
Id recommend you buy a obd2 scan tool. The device tells you whats wrong with your car if you have a problem or if you have a funny light on your dash. It will fix it for you ,or tell you how to fix it. They have the ability to erase and clear funny dash lights. 5-10 years ago these devices cost over thousands of dollars but now they cost roughly 100-200 dollars today and last you a lifetime, its a great investment! it is exactly what the dealerships use to scan and diagnose problems on your car. The device can also erase engine check light, srs, abs lights on your car. For 100-200 bucks its better than paying the dealership 100bucks after tax to figure out the problem of your car without even fixing it yet! You'll know exactly whats wrong with your car without getting ripped off or lied to from the dealership.

Innova 3160 ABS + CanOBD2 Scan Tool - YouTube

Last edited by heaty; 09-27-12 at 01:33 AM.
heaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 03:28 PM   #3

My Mood: Blah

Car 1: Saturn Coupe
Car 2: Toyota Celica
Car 3: Acura RSX
Thanks

Thanks for the idea... I will look into them. I was lucky enough to get a free diagnostic read from a body shop today. Now I just need to figure out how to get it fixed!
SMSinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 05:21 AM   #4

Car 1: dfsd
Car 2: sdfsd
Car 3: L
Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful
testking 642-374 practice questions testking 642-374 practice questions
clark12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 06:32 AM   #5
Banned

Car 1: BMW X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaty View Post
Id recommend you buy a obd2 scan tool. The device tells you whats wrong with your car if you have a problem or if you have a funny light on your dash. It will fix it for you ,or tell you how to fix it. They have the ability to erase and clear funny dash lights. 5-10 years ago these devices cost over thousands of dollars but now they cost roughly 100-200 dollars today and last you a lifetime, its a great investment! it is exactly what the dealerships use to scan and diagnose problems on your car. The device can also erase engine check light, srs, abs lights on your car. For 100-200 bucks its better than paying the dealership 100bucks after tax to figure out the problem of your car without even fixing it yet! You'll know exactly whats wrong with your car without getting ripped off or lied to from the dealership.

Innova 3160 ABS + CanOBD2 Scan Tool - YouTube
obd2 scan tool offer more late-model coverage required for in-depth fleet servicing. Coverage includes diesel models such as Powerstroke, Transit, Duramax, Cummins, Sprinter, and Viano. What's also important is having access to the most commonly required service features like brake deactivation, service resets, and transmission adaptations-and we do that too.
It solve all the problem in car.
deepti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Featured Forums > Ask The Dealer

Tags
rsx, srs