• 40,000 to 50,000 miles

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • 50,000 to 60,000 miles

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • 60,000 to 70,000 miles

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • Over 70,000 miles

Votes: 105 40.1%

So, who here as the most miles on their 3rd Gen TL?

73K views 92 replies 77 participants last post by  unimog 
#1 ·
I've had my '04 for exactly 3 years and it's now got 37,563 miles on it. I'm thinking that's pretty low compared to other members here. :)

#2 ·
I just passed 30K.

Is there a way to set this as a poll? it might be interesting to see a chart of the miles, maybe in 10K increments.

And a question, General - are you still using your original front brake pads?

#3 ·
Good idea. A poll has been added.

Brakes -- Well, my pads were replaced for free a while back because of the squealing noise that many have complained about. To my knowledge, the rotors were NOT turned. However, I have noticed lately that it may be time for a brake job. Performance has started to get progressively worse and the squealers are hitting more often.

#5 ·
General, I remember I got my 04 TL (6-sp man) within a few weeks of yours (mid Nov 03). I just hit 43,000 miles. Had Raybestos "QuietStop" lifetime ceramic pads put on (at Meineike) a few months back. No squeaks at all and they work great. Because it gets great mileage, our family runs the TL alot for business trips and long distance trips to relatives. My plan is to give to my son when he gets his drivers license.....he's 5 now :) I'm guessing timing belt and water pump (overkill) every 80,000 miles. Probably do fuel pump with the second timing belt. After that (and a set of lifetime struts etc etc), it's his!

#6 ·
Thanks for the pad info, I will look into those.

I don't take many road trips in my car...I save those for the bike. Since I bought the TL, the only road trips it's been on are a few to my mom's (about 450 miles round trip) and one to New Mexico (about 1000 miles round trip).

#13 ·
I am a driver. Bought my 05 with 24 miles on it in September 2005 and it has 44,000 miles already. But I just bought an S2000 as a second car and have been traveling a lot so I don't think that I am going to be putting more than 10,000 miles on it a year from now on... thank God. I hope to have this car for at least another 5 years and don't want to go over 100,000 miles before then.

#24 · (Edited)
clutch, pressure plate, throwout bering. also it's due for some new brakes and rotors in the near future. thats about it. it was a commuter car and four people learned how to drive a manual transmission in it. i doubt other '05's with this many miles would need a new clutch

oh sorry wasn't awake when i wrote that.

symptoms, clutch felt terrible and the gears would slip if you brought them over 3k rpm.
i forgot to mention somthing else though, somthing with the computer of the car was messed up and it cooked the ignition coils but acura replaced them and the computer, i think that is a pretty rare problem though. and the work wasn't dealer at first and my mechnic did the clutch and tuned the engine and all. (everything it needed at 80kmiles, the car being a commuter car) it was a bit over a grand for everything, i dont want to get out that receipt for sake of crying but around there.
and now at 82k miles it feels like it did at 82 miles

#25 ·
2004 TL Auto - 72,000+miles

Just rolled past the 72,000 mile mark in my 2004 TL auto with Navi. Still a great car. Just had first "real" repair - ~$500 for a power steering pump replacement. The kind of thing that would have been covered by a warranty if I had gotten the extended warranty. Just bought out the lease on the info supplied by local dealer over the phone that I could get an extended warranty. Turned out to be complete bull. Only can get extended warranty and I quote "while still under the 50K warranty" or if I purcased off the lot. Outside of that, great car. I am hoping that the 2004 has all the bugs worked out and there won't be much of a need for a warranty.

#28 · (Edited)
My '04 has only 53500 on it right now, but I'm on the 4th set of tires. LOL

I'm running the Falken ZIEX 512. Discount Tire sells them for about $115 each. Pretty good performance all around but a tire life of only 20-25k miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.