Acura Forum : Acura Forums - View Single Post - Battery dies
Thread: Battery dies
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-19, 08:39 PM
cgilley

so here's what you do...

Sorry, not been following much these days.

I agree with the previous post - something is stuck on. In fact, I might have the same problem.

The easiest way to isolate is to have a DVM to measure current draw. You'll need to do this with the doors closed, since you'll need to lock the car. That and you don't want the dome lights on, the door lights on, etc.

While your partner is looking at the DVM (more on that in a sec), have them lock the car with you in it. There will be some current draw, because that is what is killing your battery. The task is to isolate the circuit in the car doing this.

So, start pulling fuses one by one. Use the fuse guide on the fuse box cover. When you pull the fuse that drops the current draw, you have your evil minion.

I strongly encourage you to go out to youtube and search for "car electrical issues" or something like that. I saw a video that showed how to hook the meter into the battery. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

How are your electrical skills? I'm an electrical engineer, so I don't want to overwhelm you.... write back or pm me

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Ad Management plugin by RedTyger