0 to 60, and quarter mile times - Page 4 - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
2nd Gen RL 2005-08 RL info is found here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-03-04, 06:53 PM

I heard that the next design of the RL has a seat that rotates 360 degrees !

(sorry couldn't resist)

Seriously, I am interested in the value of the seat that moves left and right. It's unlikely that the design team simply added this without having a good reason, since these "options" typically cost money to produce and every car manufacturer is very cost concious.

I can understand the value associated with SHAWD, but I am struggling to understand the value in moving the seat in this manner. Maybe it's just because I have never been able to do this in any car that I have owned before?

Proe, any ideas on how Infinity promotes this feature?

Thanks

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 Old 12-03-04, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemc
I heard that the next design of the RL has a seat that rotates 360 degrees !

(sorry couldn't resist)

Seriously, I am interested in the value of the seat that moves left and right. It's unlikely that the design team simply added this without having a good reason, since these "options" typically cost money to produce and every car manufacturer is very cost concious.

I can understand the value associated with SHAWD, but I am struggling to understand the value in moving the seat in this manner. Maybe it's just because I have never been able to do this in any car that I have owned before?

Proe, any ideas on how Infinity promotes this feature?

Thanks

Pete
I have no idea at all. I just thought it was crazy as I went through the web site. I mean that was first time I have ever seen anything like that. However, I would not bet on most every feature in the web site to make in US.
Like RL, in Japan, they have night vision as standard even in new Accord, and we get nothing. Also, Mugen, the aftermarket manufacturer for Honda, has some kick ass aftermarket parts that we do not get here.
It is like Civic or NSX, there is a Type R in Japan or any other country, but not in US

Life is not fair, get used to it.

Last edited by proe; 12-03-04 at 09:23 PM.
post #48 of 52 Old 12-03-04, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODY2005RL
The RL is not sluggish if you step on it and I'm sure that is how C&D got it to go 0 to 60 in 6.5. It does move out quickly when you push the throttle to the floor. The problem I've had with mine is that it does tend to be sluggish unless you push it hard or drive it in manual mode. When accelerating normally, the automatic transmissions shifts are very drawn out and slow and that makes the car seem sluggish. If you push it, it does move out quickly. I've used a G-Tech and it's showed 0 to 60 times in 6.4 to 6.8. Not as fast as my 2002 TLS with the Comptech supercharger, but respectable for a 4000lbs car that is supposed to be more luxury than sport.
I think all the automatic Honda models are like that. I think by design it is kind of nice. I mean in a stop and go or in local, you do not need to worry too much about going too fast that you will rear end someone. Just think about the new M5. I am pretty sure it would be a pain to drive a M5 in stop and go.

Life is not fair, get used to it.

post #49 of 52 Old 12-03-04, 09:44 PM
Acuraworld Veteran

Actually, if it's like the last gen ///M5, it probably works fine as a daily driver.
post #50 of 52 Old 12-12-04, 10:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to thePhantom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimTypeS
Gimme some!

It's easier to seek forgiveness than permission.
post #51 of 52 Old 12-13-04, 03:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to patrick
proe, I think you should go and test drive the new RL. That way, you'll know how it compares with what you already know about the ATTESA. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. But you won't know for sure until you give that RL a spin.

1999 Satin Silver Acura 3.2TL
Performance Upgrades:
Blitz Short Ram Intake | Stone Racing Headers | AJR Custom Throttlebody Upgrade | UR Crank Pulley | Outlaw Engineering ThermoBlok Spacers | Axle-Back Magnaflow Exhausts and Y-Pipe

Suspension and Braking Upgrades:
H&R Race Springs (stage 3) | Tokico Blue HP Shocks | SPC Rear Camber Kit | Cusco Front Lower Tie Bar | Front & Rear Rotora Slotted Rotors | Endless Type NA-M Front Brake Pads | Comptech Stainless Steel Brakelines | Endless Dot 4 Brake Fluid

Interior & Exterior Upgrades:
Acura TL Door Sills | Inspire Fog Light Switch with PIAA 912 Stealth auxilary lighting | PIAA Silicon Wipers | OEM Bodykit

2001 Starlight Silver Honda Odyssey EX
PIAA Silicon wipers
Tranny #1 replaced at 55,420 KM
post #52 of 52 Old 01-19-19, 04:17 PM

According to this site 0-60 times acceleration for all cars, 1/4 mile time, zero to 60, 0 to 100 kmh[/url] it's about 6.5 - 7 seconds. I guess there must be a trick on how to do it better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > RL > 2nd Gen RL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in