bunch-o-trade rag reviews - Page 4 - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
2nd Gen RL 2005-08 RL info is found here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-31-04, 02:37 AM
jinny=guy, avatar=girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambiam
This was in Autospies tonight.

http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...articleId=3782

Some of which I agree with but I have not seen as poor a review of the RL anywhere else,
you're right... not a very good review.

oh well... can't beat 'em all

I'm still alive on the internet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 76 Old 12-31-04, 03:58 AM

I don't think I need to agree or disgree with this latest "review", and I don't consider it worth 2 cents. It was just subjective evaluation by someone who doesn't even own the car, and anyone can do that. I consider an owner who post on this forum to be in a better position to review the car.
post #48 of 76 Old 01-03-05, 04:24 PM

haha, that autospies thing is funny. I disagree with almost everything they said but hey, everyone has their opinion I guess even if it makes no sense at all.

I do find it funny they comment on how it feels so heavy yet my previous car was the IS300 and the RL does not feel that much heavier than the IS while driving.

I also disagree that the flagship in the lineup has to look the best. I don't think the LS430 is the best looking Lexus model. I dont think the 7 series is the best looking BMW model. What a stupid comment they made there.

What a stupid little blurb on the car in general. Makes me laugh...but shake my head at the same time.

Last edited by Rob L; 01-03-05 at 04:26 PM.

post #49 of 76 Old 01-06-05, 12:21 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
This was in Autospies tonight.

Some of which I agree with but I have not seen as poor a review of the RL anywhere else,
I keep clicking on the posted link and it did not work so I went to the site , tried again and recopied the link. Hope it works. If not, just go to the latest autospies.com page and click the first link.

or try
http://tinyurl.com/3neub

Sam
post #50 of 76 Old 01-07-05, 04:35 AM

Here's a new one from Ann Job (MSN)

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/jo...&src=reviewers
post #51 of 76 Old 01-07-05, 04:43 AM

As a follow on from Ann Job's review, here are the results of the NHTSA crash tests:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ncap/cars/3215.html

Pretty awesome!!!!!
post #52 of 76 Old 01-07-05, 12:32 PM

I think Ann's review was pretty good but she had some errors in it like saying the 17 Michelins are high performance and also saying the active noise cancellation was from Honda, not Bose.

It was a very good review though.
post #53 of 76 Old 01-08-05, 08:16 PM

Just saw this:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...OE=click-refer

13.4 mpg in town sounds a little low???

Sam
post #54 of 76 Old 01-08-05, 08:31 PM
jinny=guy, avatar=girl

Quote:
Just saw this:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...OE=click-refer

13.4 mpg in town sounds a little low???

Sam
yeah, does seem a little low... perhaps the reviewer did not take into account some spirited/enthusiastic driving.

I'm still alive on the internet!
post #55 of 76 Old 01-09-05, 12:20 AM

The MPG is actually about what I get for in town driving. He was also right on about the turning radius. I knew that before buying the car, but I really noted the difference in tight turns and Y turns to be a significiant disadvantage. What he didn't mention is the DVD/DTS feature of the sound system. It is a dream to listen to a DTS disc in the car. I tried not to listen to the sound system while driving because I enjoy the sound of the engine, and I actually stayed in the car after I parked it to listen to the music. The reviewer is also right about the lack of low end power. I don't care about 0-60 time, but I do on occasion needed to speed up to move in a space in the next lane and wish the car could deliever the power a bit quicker. Overall, I agree with the reviewer.
post #56 of 76 Old 01-10-05, 12:06 PM

I think he is off with bitching about the screen being needed to adjust things like fan direction....just use voice. I always change climate settings with voice.

Dont see the issues with using the voice command like he mentioned. It has understood every command that it knows which I ahve given it. Maybe the guy was saying things out of the blue thinking it would know. Yo find me a pizza hut, yo" Chances are he didnt read the book wiht voice commands.

Hmm, I'll have to see what 13.4mpg is in litres/100kms. I'll do this in the RL tonight when I go home. I doubt though I am getting that bad in city driving.

Shame he didnt comment more on stuff in the car like the stereo. DVD-A is incredible on that system.

Last edited by Rob L; 01-10-05 at 12:09 PM.
post #57 of 76 Old 01-10-05, 09:41 PM

I think he was quoting what other people were saying about the pre-release voice-controlled Nav system. Why didn't he do his own home work? It sounded to me he was driving a production RL. If this was how I do my work, I would be fired.
post #58 of 76 Old 01-10-05, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuraRLBlue
The MPG is actually about what I get for in town driving. He was also right on about the turning radius. I knew that before buying the car, but I really noted the difference in tight turns and Y turns to be a significiant disadvantage. What he didn't mention is the DVD/DTS feature of the sound system. It is a dream to listen to a DTS disc in the car. I tried not to listen to the sound system while driving because I enjoy the sound of the engine, and I actually stayed in the car after I parked it to listen to the music. The reviewer is also right about the lack of low end power. I don't care about 0-60 time, but I do on occasion needed to speed up to move in a space in the next lane and wish the car could deliever the power a bit quicker. Overall, I agree with the reviewer.

What kind of milage did you get on other cars you drove in town? Is the RL getting really terrible milage compared to them?

Any idea on what you get on highway driving?
Thanks
post #59 of 76 Old 01-11-05, 01:14 AM

Among the 400+ miles I have had on my RL, only about 15 miles were on highway. I didn't pay attention on the MPG while driving on the highway. I will try to report on that later.

The other car I have is a Lexus SC 430 with a V8, and it does 18 MPG in city driving. I didn't pay attention to this issue when considering the RL, but now I would like to know what accounts for the low MPG on the RL.
post #60 of 76 Old 02-11-05, 11:53 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > RL > 2nd Gen RL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in