Cannot get rid of message - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
2nd Gen RL 2005-08 RL info is found here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-05, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Cannot get rid of message

I have a message on my AcuraLink display that I cannot get rid of. The only option I get is to "stop reading", the option to delete is not available and is replaced with an option to find my nearest Acura dealer. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get rid of this message.

In case it matters, the message is "No keyless access remote" and warns about the fact that the car was started then the remote taken outside of its range.

Pete

OK SteveH and RobL, what might I have missed this time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-06-05, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemc
I have a message on my AcuraLink display that I cannot get rid of. The only option I get is to "stop reading", the option to delete is not available and is replaced with an option to find my nearest Acura dealer. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get rid of this message.

In case it matters, the message is "No keyless access remote" and warns about the fact that the car was started then the remote taken outside of its range.

Pete

pete:

I remember reading that some messages such as diagnostic messages can only be deleted by the dealer. I believe I saw it in the owners manual.

BL
post #3 of 11 Old 01-07-05, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

That's kind of ironic, since it looks like the message was generated while the car was still in the dealers hands before I got my hands on it (according to the date of the message).

I will talk with my dealer about it...thanks.

Pete

post #4 of 11 Old 01-07-05, 12:29 AM

Pete, I got this message the other night. The car was in the garage, the engine was running, and I exited the car and went into the house. The fob was in my pocket at the time.

I probably should clean out my AcuraLink inbox (or try to at least). Having received the same message, I'll let you know whether or not the system allows me to delete it.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-07-05, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemc

Pete

The message drove me nuts for a while. You can't delete it. It is a built in message that is triggered every time the fob is out of the range of the car's sensor system with the car running or the ignition on. On a recent trip it happened every time my wife went into the gas station convenience stores for another latte. But once you let the RL do its thing -- and you can stop the cheesy voice announcing problems almost immediately -- the message flag disappars. You'll notice that the next time it happens it will be the same message with a new date and the previous one is gone. Learn to ignore it.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-07-05, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

mungoac,

I have already learned to ignore it and based on your experience I doubt I will visit my dealer 'cos it's only going to happen again. I was more curious to learn if others had experienced this, or if I was alone with this issue

I guess the purpose of this from Acura's point of view is to let owners know that they can get a replacement remote from Acura if you have lost the original.

Pete
post #7 of 11 Old 01-07-05, 10:31 AM

Actually you can delete that message -- my saleman sent me the steps necessary but, unfortunately, I do not have them with me. I will post them as soon as I get home tonite.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-07-05, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Cool Big Dog.

Are the instructions generic for any diagnostic that you cannot delete the standard way?

Pete
post #9 of 11 Old 01-07-05, 06:13 PM

I think so -- here are the instructions:

To delete the keyless access warning message, press the CANCEL, MAP/GUIDE and MENU buttons simultaneously. Select XM/HIP, select XM (HIP) ECU, select Diagnostic Info, select the message, select delete, and select yes.

Let me know how it works out.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-07-05, 11:26 PM

That's great information. Thank you. Does anyone know where we, the owners, can obtain technical documentation that covers topics like this one? It doesn't make sense to me to have to take my car to the dealer for such simple procedures. Any information would be appreciated.
post #11 of 11 Old 01-07-05, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Big Dog, it worked great.

First thing to report is that I had the keyless remote out of the car again today, and I can confirm that you get multiple messages when this happens, not just one. I had to delete 2 messages using Big Dog's instructions, but it worked fine. In fact it also has the controls to delete other types of messages, so it looks like we can clear all messages off the screen if we choose.

Now the really cool bit, this puts you into what appears to be a general diagnostic mode, that you can select using the joystick. One of the selections (GPS something) lets you see the GPS satellite locations displayed on a small map.

I didn't play with any of the other settings, just in case I ejected myslef from the driver seat

Thanks Big Dog !!!

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > RL > 2nd Gen RL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in