2017 RDX Question on Packages and BuyBack - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
RDX The All-New Acura RDX!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-19, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

2017 RDX Question on Packages and BuyBack

Dear All,

Needed some guidance and help. Thanking in advance.

2017 RDX Car / leased

1) i am thoroughly confused with RDX package options. In what package do you get CMBT? i have a tech package. Was that not supposed to be standard? I love the car except that i wanted CMBT now having it in my other car.
2) 2 years into the lease in the tech package now they are asking me $120 or $140 something like that to upgrade maps. Maps dont work properly.
3) The final question is more on buying back the car. It seems i am doing low miles or average miles on it. Will reach 28k at the end of 3 years thats march 2020. I wanted to know if its a good idea to buyback the car as residual is reflecting 23600 in march 2020 (basis lease agreement). That seems lower than KBB or anything currently being sold if i take 2016 year model as benchmark and current post 3 years price. (mine is 2017 model so am extrapolating 12 months out)

any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-27-19, 10:12 AM

2017 RDX Question on Packages and BuyBack

Same boat as you. I have a 2017 RDX Tech / leased

1) CMBS (Collision Mitigation Breaking System) believe it was in The top Touring/Elite package in 2017. Added to tech pkg in 2018. Standard all trims in 2019?

2017 Techs only have the side door turning radar warning.

2) yeah donít waste your money. No one uses the state of the art Nav for 2005. I use my phone. The only reason I got the Tech was due to the side door radar alerting for my daughters since there are no side door turn cameras....the better stereo was a plus.

There is now a $500 product in the after market that is an interface that brings Car Play to 2016-2018 RDXís. I will spend money on that if I decide to keep the 2017. You can easily find the product on You tube and itís getting good reviews.

3) I am in the same boat with lower than lease contract mileage and mine ends Nov 2019 (got the 17 in Nov 2016).

I will be looking at pricing for low mileage 2017 RDX techs this summer to try to determine the same thing.

Will follow and add to this thread as well since as I expect an an offer to buy or lease a new vehicle coming in the mail in a couple of months (June).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > RDX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in