2020 A-spec alignment specs - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
RDX The All-New Acura RDX!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-19, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

2020 A-spec alignment specs

I just bought the car and I'm impressed with it in a number of ways, but it wanders back and forth on the highway. Even lane assist has to correct steering back and forth. I want to know what the alignment specs are supposed to be for the 20" wheels before I take it into the service dept to get checked.
Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-16-19, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Well, here's the answer anyway...
Since I don't trust dealers; almost any of them... I took the vehicle to a guy that does
only alignments. Two small adjustments; too much air in the right front tire; that part I knew
about but I didn't think it could be the main cause of my issue. Secondly some of the toe values
were a bit too toe-out in the front...not much and barely out of spec only on one. He adjusted that
and the air and the vehicle drives night and day better. So having spent over $40k on a vehicle and scared to
death that I wouldn't ever be satisfied with how it drove, my prayers were literally answered.
To be fair, I have nothing against the service center of the dealer where I bought it and at
some point I'll give them the chance to be fair, but I'm not expecting much. The sales dept is an entirely
different matter. I only really wanted this alignment guy to check it and if it were out of spec, I'd have the
dealer fix it. But he said, hey, I'll adjust it in two seconds. He charged me $20 and I gave
him $40 and my never-ending gratitude as I also give to God first for answering my prayers for the alignment
to be fixed. Yes, prayers do many times get answered. Everybody's happy.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-16-19, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Uploaded the alignment values - 2020 RDX A-Spec

I can't say what will work for any one else's vehicle, particularly since this model has
the 20" wheels. But these values made a huge difference. I don't know what the before values were, but about four boxes were red
compared to the one. And he took a little air out of the right front. Drives like a dream now.
Attached Images

post #4 of 5 Old 09-17-19, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Correction. I spoke with the alignment guy this morning and he said the
issue was too much tow in on the front end and he adjusted it to be a little bit toe out.
Sorry for the mistake.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-17-19, 12:31 PM

Jeff: Glad that you got your problem resolved so quickly. Tire pressure being off by a few pounds on the front especially will do weird things. Thanks for posting your problem. This forum is a great learning tool for all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > RDX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in