Code P062F - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
RDX The All-New Acura RDX!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-19, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Code P062F

Hello
My emission's check engine light came on, on my 2016 Acura RDX, when I used a scan tool, I got code P062F, which I can not reset. After doing a google search I can't really find any information on how this pertains to an Acura or Honda, Anyone experience this code?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-25-19, 04:46 PM

My Mood: Cool
P062F Acura Auto Trouble Code
P062F Acura OBD2 specifically refers to the camshaft (cam) timing. In this case, if the cam timing is over-retarded, the engine light will be illuminated and the code will be set.

When you fill your car with gas, the vapors in the tank get forced into a canister filled with activated charcoal. Also, on a hot day as the gas heats up and vaporizes, those same vapors push into the canister where they're stored. But the charcoal can only hold so much vapor. At some point it has to be emptied. The emptying process is called canister purge.

P062F Acura Possible Solution:
The crankshaft sensor signals the fuel injection computer or the ignition control when the cylinders are firing. This causes the ignition coil to provide a spark and the injector to inject fuel into each cylinder at the right time.If either sensor isn't working correctly, the car will run rough and the engine will be less efficient. In later car models, the car's computer can usually keep the vehicle running, but the engine warning light on the dashboard goes on to warn the driver.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-29-19, 10:07 PM

This is clearly an emissions related issie. Why are you trying to fix this? It is a warrantiable repair. Take it to the dealer.

There are many possible causes. Another poster mentions a crank position sensor. Could also be the hydraulic VTEC actuator which varies cam timing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > RDX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in