New to forum with a couple of Qs - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
New Member Introductions New to the site? Let us know a little about yourself and your car.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-20, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

New to forum with a couple of Qs

Hello,

I am new to the forums I am currently doing some research on buying an Acura and need some help. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.

I am looking currently at a 2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Aspec tech pack $25,500 (CAD dollars) 41,009 kms and a 2014 Acura RLX hybrid SH-AWD 63,000kms $22,550. I was just wondering if there are any common issues or problems with these vehicles.

I am currently driving a 2009 G37x with 173,000 km and the problems seem to keep piling up. I did 2 front wheel barrings, had to get the gauge cluster motherboard replaced (lights flickering and shut off) and the outside door handle cable broke.

Any advice anyone can get me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-22-20, 03:48 AM
Acuraworld Preferred Vendor

My Mood: Buzzed
Hello and welcome to the site! You've come to the right place - lots of knowledgeable people here who can help you when you get what you're looking for. Good luck with the hunt and keep us posted!

Acura Consultants http://www.carid.com/acura-accessories/

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
post #3 of 5 Old 06-23-20, 09:13 AM

My Mood: Breezy
Garage
I was also looking into a 18 TLX 2.4L Aspec when my 06 TSX was totaled in Nov/19 by a red light runner. Found a very low mileage CPO blue/ebony one for $30k USD with under 9,000 miles. Beautiful and sporty looking car with lots of updated tech compared to my 06 TSX (Aspec body kit, Aspec suspension, Progress RSB). The main complaint was the TLX 2.4L engine didn't sound as sporty and the engine felt it was straining a bit to haul the extra weight around compared to my TSX. Living in NM at 5300-7300ft with interstate posted speed limits at 75-80 mph would really make the 2.4L work hard.

The dealership had a few +18 RLX sport hybrid and we decided to do a back-to-back test drive after the TLX. The wife only took about 15 seconds behind the wheel of the RLX and turned to me and said "I Love this car" with the salesman in the back seat. The dealership didn't have the red/ebony color combo we wanted and it took about a month of looking before finding one in California.

I would test drive both vehicles and see what attributes are high on your list. The RLX will have waaaay more power and a very sophisticated hybrid awd system for 365 days a year of all weather driving with combined mpgs around the same as the 2.4L TLX. The 2014 RLX will have the stiffest suspension compared to the later year RLX SH. I found this cool website that has all the brochures of past Acura vehicles if you want to see what options were available each year: Auto-Brochures.com|Acura Car, CUV & SUV PDF Sales Brochure/Catalog/Flyer/Info CL ILX Integra Legend MDX NSX RDX RL RLX RSX TL TLX TSX Vigor ZDX

We have been very happy going with the RLX hybrid and get tons of questions and comments about how it looks and what type of car is that.
Attached Images

post #4 of 5 Old 06-23-20, 02:11 PM

Thumbs down

Please someone help me! i have 2003 MDX and i love this vehicle. i recently had a burnt valve in # 2 cylinder. i replaced the valves and cams. it cranks all day. but will not start. i have spark on all 6 cylinders and fuel but will not start. ant help would be appreciated. thank you
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .com View Post
Please someone help me! i have 2003 MDX and i love this vehicle. i recently had a burnt valve in # 2 cylinder. i replaced the valves and cams. it cranks all day. but will not start. i have spark on all 6 cylinders and fuel but will not start. ant help would be appreciated. thank you
Welcome! Try to post your questions on the tech section.

2008 Acura RL AWD 3.5 Base w/Tech
V6 MPI SOHC 24V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Featured Forums > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in