NEW 2010 ZDX - The story begins - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
ZDX A forum for the discussion of the Acura ZDX Crossover.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-10, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
ZDX // RDX // MDX

NEW 2010 ZDX - The story begins

When I shopped the new Acura's I was up in the air over a MDX or the ZDX. I was set on the MDX with the option of the ZDX if it was something that I liked after seeing and driving it. I am a tad gun shy as I bought a 2001 MDX looong ago and unfortunatly it turned out to be a lemon and after contacting the CEO of American Honda Corp I was called by his secretary the following week to tell me that they were making me a NEW 2002 to replace it. So my gunshy part is buying a NEW year model.

I dont really tag the ZDX as a NEW year model because most of it is the MDX platform. The only difference being the cabin and the 6 Speed Trannie of course.. well until I drove it.

TEST DRIVES:

ZDX -

I had to adjust the seats and wheel before I got in because my sales guy was like 4-8. Right off the bat I was glad to see Acura changed the wheel adjustment to a motorized joystick design as I hated that about my 2001/2 MDX.. that flop down stick under the wheel was annoying.

I got in and settled .. adjusted the mirrors and seats .. again my 4ft 8 in sales guy had the seat all the way up and my head was sticking out of the sunroof at first. I was pleased at the comfort of the seats as im a tad leary of seats that are TOO soft as they go through a break in period and will get a tad mushier as they settle. I turned the AC down to cool it off as it was 85 and in the sun and then I checked out the stereo ( More on that later as this is kinda a long post )

Reminder that I drove in my Lexus GS350: I was amazed at how quiet the cabin was in the ZDX right off the bat. I thought the lexus was quiet but hands down Acura scored big on this. My dealers "Test route" started with a 4/5 mile main straight stretch of stop and go traffic and gave me the chance to check acceleration and braking and a teaser of the steering as I could tell even then would be interesting. I was expecting a SUV feel .. like a car but knowing you were higher so it may have felt like it was top heavy more than a sedan. Not at all... it was again impressive compared to even the GS.

FINALLY off the stretch I turned to the next road that was full of turns and some small hills. It felt like I was in a sports sedan .. the power .. the tight steering .. the road grip was all amazing and as I looked over at my short little pretend friend sitting beside me .. he had a look of amazement himself as I hit speeds of 75 + in an area that may have been 35 at that.

I like to do detours when test driving and then act dumb when the sales guy says .. No no.. not this way. So I pulled into a parking lot ( of course he said that ) and I said oh man.. im sorry I thought this was a street. I did this as I wanted to do some parking lot wedge jumping. I pulled up to the first spot in the middle of the empty lot and told him I wanted to check the clearence so i started slowly driving over the concrete blocks that one would pull up to and stop and park at. The suspension was awesome .. little bounce and solid as a rock. My last one was only the right 2 wheels and was faster than the others.. still it preformed like a champ.

Back to the route so my little "buddy" would feel better that I was not going to destroy the car any more. Plus I knew that I wanted a white one and this one I drove was gray. I turned off the traction control and nailed it coming out of the parking lot back on the main street. I only heard a couple of chirps and then it hooked up to the dry pavement again as I stayed into the pedal up to 90. ( it was a main street 50mph limit ) Acceleration was impressive too as the higher I crancked the RPM's the meaner it sounded. V-tec Roar.

We got back to the dealership and drove a couple circles in the big part of the lot .. well untill my friend turned green at least.. 6 or 8 or so times around.

I asked the guy to get the DVD-A demo disc as I wanted to check out the 5.1 surround and let me tell you.. I have a bose system at home and this one SMOKES it. By far the BEST car stereo system made today.

I would suggest anyone having an hour or so on a weekend to go to a dealer and test drive one. Then post for yourself your findings. After your test drive just pick up your cell and act like someone had an accident and then get the guys card and leave. Cmon.. im not the only one who does that am I?

RESULTS: A Solid and impressive drive, great power and handling. Very comfortable and full of every toy you can imagine. PLUS.. its keyless like my GS. A feature I really LOVE. There is a small but workable blind spot from the rear pillar but after having a Ridgeline.. its nothing. Of course we all think the Acura grill badge is over the top but if thats the worst part of the car.. I can deal with that. I think pictures dont give the car justice.. it looks better in person.

TEST PRICE: 49900.00 TECH PACKAGE

More to come when I take delivery this Friday.

See my MDX TEST DRIVE HERE --> https://www.acuraworld.com/forums/f8/...t-drive-95859/

2010 ZDX - WHITE TECH & 2010 RDX - WHITE TECH

Last edited by JZDX; 04-19-10 at 02:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-19-10, 12:39 PM
Banned

Great writeup!!
post #3 of 7 Old 04-19-10, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
ZDX // RDX // MDX

Please see my test drive of the MDX compared to the ZDX - Ill place it in the ZDX thread above -

Last edited by JZDX; 04-19-10 at 04:10 PM.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-27-10, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
ZDX // RDX // MDX

Pics

Last edited by JZDX; 04-28-10 at 10:00 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-28-10, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
ZDX // RDX // MDX

post #6 of 7 Old 04-28-10, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
ZDX // RDX // MDX

The reflectors look like afterburners with the camera flash

post #7 of 7 Old 04-28-10, 10:50 AM
Banned

Me likey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury SUV > ZDX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in