Battery dies - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
RSX Forum related to the Acura RSX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-19, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Battery dies

The battery dies in 48 hours, if I use the key fob to lock the car. if I use the key no issues.

Mahalo nui loa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-06-19, 08:16 PM

You have a short. It's because you are in Hawaii. just kidding.

Details on your vehicle?
post #3 of 4 Old 08-06-19, 10:08 PM

My guess is you have a stuck relay. Check the service manual for the relay number that controlspower door locks. It is sticking "on". When you use a key, you mechanically lock the door, so no power is applied..

If the relay is not bad, then I suspect one of the lock actuators is sticking and actually failing to lock the door. This leaves the actuator energized and kills the battery

post #4 of 4 Old 09-03-19, 08:39 PM

so here's what you do...

Sorry, not been following much these days.

I agree with the previous post - something is stuck on. In fact, I might have the same problem.

The easiest way to isolate is to have a DVM to measure current draw. You'll need to do this with the doors closed, since you'll need to lock the car. That and you don't want the dome lights on, the door lights on, etc.

While your partner is looking at the DVM (more on that in a sec), have them lock the car with you in it. There will be some current draw, because that is what is killing your battery. The task is to isolate the circuit in the car doing this.

So, start pulling fuses one by one. Use the fuse guide on the fuse box cover. When you pull the fuse that drops the current draw, you have your evil minion.

I strongly encourage you to go out to youtube and search for "car electrical issues" or something like that. I saw a video that showed how to hook the meter into the battery. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

How are your electrical skills? I'm an electrical engineer, so I don't want to overwhelm you.... write back or pm me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Coupe / Hatchback > RSX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in