Easy money for hackers, big headaches for IT - Page 2 - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
AW Lounge A lot of talk about nothing!
For added fun, play in the AW Arcade!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-10, 10:32 AM
Protect which matters...

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon1 View Post
Research In Motion (RIM - Manufacturer of BlackBerry) has the best compression / security in the cell phone business: Come on Duck, why do you think all the "Movers and Shakers" (like POTUS) in DC all have BlackBerrys - not Motorola, HTC, LQ or any other communicators: SECURE COMMUNICATIONS. All the BBM go through RIM's servers / channels - not AT&T or Verizons.

BBM = Security
IIRC, the POTUS is not using a standard BB, and there are all manner of things he is not allowed to discuss via his BB--though those rules exist because people like to sue Presidents and they want to keep his "paper trail" to a minimum.

I'd hate to lose my email too, so I can see why Obama insisted upon having a BB, though.

We use BB at work too, but we add a lot of extra security add-ons. The nice thing about BB is that they have allowed for a very modular system that allows these enhancements. I'm pretty sure we disable BBM, though. Until this last week, "instant messaging" was a bad thing to my employer.

If fidelity to freedom of democracy is the code of our civic religion, then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 03-06-10, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Moderatus Emeriti

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
IIRC, the POTUS is not using a standard BB, and there are all manner of things he is not allowed to discuss via his BB--though those rules exist because people like to sue Presidents and they want to keep his "paper trail" to a minimum.

I'd hate to lose my email too, so I can see why Obama insisted upon having a BB, though.

We use BB at work too, but we add a lot of extra security add-ons. The nice thing about BB is that they have allowed for a very modular system that allows these enhancements. I'm pretty sure we disable BBM, though. Until this last week, "instant messaging" was a bad thing to my employer.
I'm pretty sure - IIRC - that RIM had to setup a totally separate server for his e-mail and BBM - and it would be recorded for posterity and trace-ability.

Nikon1
Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Off-Topic > AW Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in