Should he be charged? - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
AW Lounge A lot of talk about nothing!
For added fun, play in the AW Arcade!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-03, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Should he be charged?

The San Diego fires were started by a hunter who set off a flare because he was lost. They are currently thinking of charging him w/ arson and murder. Do you feel he should be charged?

Personally I don't, it was a horrible accident, and he did come in and confess to it immediately. But it seems a lot have different views.

Now if only they'd catch the fuckers that started the other fires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 04:16 PM

Yes. Charge him. Get a damn GPS receiver so you don't get lost. Cellphones anyone? Shooting a magnesium meteor through the air when there's nothing but dry dead vegetation all around is just plain stupid. Common sense people.
post #3 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpius
Yes. Charge him. Get a damn GPS receiver so you don't get lost. Cellphones anyone? Shooting a magnesium meteor through the air when there's nothing but dry dead vegetation all around is just plain stupid. Common sense people.
You would've been shitting in your pants and crying for mommy instead.
post #4 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 04:20 PM

Charge him because he's a fucking hunter.
post #5 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by V.S.O.P
Charge him because he's a fucking hunter.
What kind of animals are in SD? Armadillos?
post #6 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 04:23 PM

Im with Scott and say no..

But then again.. how can we be sure that he was really lost and the story isnt a coverup..

But if he really was just lost.. its sad but its not his fault either...
post #7 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Default
You would've been shitting in your pants and crying for mommy instead.
I would have been prepared if I was going out into the wilderness. What did this guy do instead of calling some ranger station? He shoots somethig in the air in the off chance some plane flying seven miles up at 500mph sees it.
I wouldn't have been lost. Simple rule of navigation: keep track of where you're going so you know where you are. You walk four miles north, how do you get back? Walk five miles south. God invented compases, maps, and GPS for a reason.

I'd be crying for your mommy, she's a peice.
post #8 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
What kind of animals are in SD? Armadillos?

bear, deer, qual, etc.
post #9 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I would have been prepared if I was going out into the wilderness. What did this guy do instead of calling some ranger station? He shoots somethig in the air in the off chance some plane flying seven miles up at 500mph sees it.
I wouldn't have been lost. Simple rule of navigation: keep track of where you're going so you know where you are. You walk four miles north, how do you get back? Walk five miles south. God invented compases, maps, and GPS for a reason.

I'd be crying for your mommy, she's a peice.
You can always follow the smell of your mom cooking that delicious pasta with homemade tomato sauce.
post #10 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 04:34 PM

Quote:
You can always follow the smell of your mom cooking that delicious pasta with homemade tomato sauce.

But that would be a fire hazard too... can't have some burning cooking apparatus out there. What if there's a spark?
post #11 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 05:35 PM

Quote:
But that would be a fire hazard too... can't have some burning cooking apparatus out there. What if there's a spark?
You might wanna run spell check on your location description.. you suck at teh spellling..

Location: How much crap can I fill into this box? Is there a limit that I dont know about and I can keep on going and going? Maybe it stops somwhere around here? Nope. Here? Nope, keeps on going! Like the enigizer battery! Stupid rabbit. Oh that reminds me of
post #12 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jimthegreek
You might wanna run spell check on your location description.. you suck at teh spellling..

Location: How much crap can I fill into this box? Is there a limit that I dont know about and I can keep on going and going? Maybe it stops somwhere around here? Nope. Here? Nope, keeps on going! Like the enigizer battery! Stupid rabbit. Oh that reminds me of

It was a copy and paste. bad spellers of the world untie.
post #13 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 06:25 PM

Heck, that female USFS worker who accidentally set off that huge fire earlier this year (or was it last year?)--the one who was burning some letters--got busted big time. Sure it wasn't murder, but IIRC she got some pretty serious jail time just for burning letters...

And to answer the question--he definitely should at least be charged with some serious felony; murder might be technically inappropriate although I won't disagree if he does get charged with murder. Bottom line--this guy should not even come close to getting off scott-free. However, he'll probably wind up living close to a normal life like he did before he started this crap 'cuz ain't no way anyone's gonna be able to collect a dime from this guy 'cuz he's probably some poor schmuck.
post #14 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 06:30 PM

In order to be convicted of a crime he had to have intent on creating the fire and know it was wrong to do it.
post #15 of 20 Old 11-07-03, 06:50 PM
Jack This

Send a message via AIM to baggsTLS
Quote:
Originally posted by Nootch
In order to be convicted of a crime he had to have intent on creating the fire and know it was wrong to do it.
A story about this numb-nut was on the local news here in SD a week ago. He in-fact was NOT a hunter, he had no hunting equipment with him, had NEVER been hunting before in his life and was just tooling around in the forest with his friend. (pounding each other in the arse I suppose)

The two got separated and this needle-dick decided he would start a fire so he could try to find his friend. When the fire spread and some real hunters came by, they yelled out his name and he came out right away.

The hunter that found him (with tons of hunting experience) said these two were absolutely not hunters and appeared to be goofing off.

<body link="white"><table border="1" height="165" width="395" bordercolor="black" bgcolor="blue" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr valign="middle"><td align="center"><table border="1" bordercolor="white" height="145" width="375" background="http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/data/b53b3a3d6ab90ce0268229151c9bde11/722_p21284.jpg" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td align="right" valign="bottom"><font face="Times Roman" size="1" color="white">View my <a href="http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/dlisting.php?cid=23" target=_blank><i>"shizzle-licious"</i> </a>pix</font></td></tr></table></td></tr>
</table>
<br /></body>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Off-Topic > AW Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in