Acura World banner

96 RL - Main Relay

14K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mguerra 
#1 ·
Could someone please point me to the location of the main relay on my 96 RL? Usually the main relay is right next to the fuse panel on other cars, but I couldn't find it there...is it under the hood, on the right, next to the battery, circular shaped?

Thanks.

#7 · (Edited)
Thank you to this blog, another, main relay failure. Changed the relay. and I am back again. To all those with old acura, and honda. with ignition failure, check, change the main realy, I got mine from Delray Acura $53.00. Every thing the blog said would happen did.
Ordered another relay, just in case. Thanks. Mine, a 96 Acura RL 187,000 on the original relay ok. shame on them. see you at 400,000 + miles.

Pics are perfect, stick a small flat screwdriver in the side of the bracket, to get the old relay out, push up and pull out. Had to use similar process to get the new one in, but not a big deal, as let it hang the sled is back and running. Thank you Acura Blog.
Razz

#8 ·
Thanks for pics and saving me a lot of money in not buying a fuel pump. I had some problems placing the relay back on the bracket and then had a great idea that worked. I used an L bracket and tied a string to the bottom of it. Placed the relay on top of the bracket and used the L bracket to pull it down until it clicked into place. Its a tight space and this worked great for me. Better to fix it right than leave it hanging in place. Hope this helps someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.