Changing the Main-Relay on the RL - DIY - Page 5 - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
1st Gen RL Forum for the 1996-2004 Acura RL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 10:00 PM

Main Relay 00 Acrua 3.2TL

Can we talk about this again.
I am having same issue here on my 2000 Acura 3.2TL. Changed battery, hence one clamp was loose and the bat was going bad, apart from that no further issues. Keeps intermittently starting or rather not starting. I would need to turn the key couple of times to try it, and sometimes wait a little before it would crank. Happening now for over a month. Would you please assist. Where is the MAIN RELAY on 2000 Acure 3.2TL and would you say that it is the same issue? So far looked everywhere on the drivers side as everyone described their issue in RL model and could locate the Main Relay for the life of me. HELP PLEASE!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 07-28-16, 11:10 AM
Les
Awaiting Confirmation

Old tread but still great information. I had the same problem with my 1999 3.5 RL (79500 miles) as most described here, strong starting turn-over, not a hint of combustion.

The car was towed to an Acura dealer who replaced the fuel relay in the trunk near the fuel pump itself (part #39797-SH2-003). Not sure that part was even bad but the car ran OK for about two weeks and then the same problem again. At least the car was in my garage when it happened.

Just removed the Mitsuba 0105 Main Relay per the instructions. Touched each solder "dot" on the circuit board till it flowed, connected it just hanging below the dash and the Acura cranked right up! I will order a new relay and keep the repaired one for a spare. Now to see if I can get the new one properly installed on that damn bracket while standing on my head.

One more observation, before both instances I was feeling a little hesitation on acceleration that felt like the shift points on the transmission were a little off. I think that this was a short disruption in fuel pressure and should have been fair warning.
post #63 of 64 Old 02-27-18, 02:49 PM
Awaiting Confirmation

My Mood: Amused
exelent information,i got the same problem and i'm working on it, thanks

post #64 of 64 Old 08-04-18, 02:47 AM

I'd ask Tim (hondacuraworld) at the "dealer talk" forum link at the top of the page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > RL > 1st Gen RL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in