2004-08 TSX Power Steering Hose Leak Recall - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
1st Gen TSX A Forum for the 1st Gen Acura TSX!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-10, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
NO MORE DIALYSIS

Send a message via MSN to RiceBoy Send a message via Skype™ to RiceBoy
Exclamation 2004-08 TSX Power Steering Hose Leak Recall

Someone who works at an Acura dealer posted this on tsxclub.com.

Quote:
DATE: April 26, 2010
TO: All Acura Sales, Service & Parts Managers
RE: 2004~08 TSX Power Steering Hose Leak Recall and Stop Sale

Today, April 26, 2010, American Honda is announcing a Stop Sale order and Recall on all 2004~08 TSXs. Some of these units may be in your dealer inventory. All in-stock units will need to be repaired prior to sale.

Another iN message will be posted on April 30, 2010 with repair instructions, parts information, and warranty claim coding related to this Stop Sale. Dealers will be allocated a limited number of countermeasured parts for repair of in-stock units and critical customer handling on April 30, 2010.

Note: You should not sell any affected vehicles until they have been repaired. Should an unrepaired vehicle cause an injury or damage because of the recalled item, the dealership will be solely responsible to the damaged party, and will be required to defend and indemnify American Honda for any resulting claims.

Basic Problem

Underhood temperatures, especially in the Southern states, cause some areas of the high pressure power steering hose to become brittle. If a leak occurs, power steering fluid may contact the exhaust pipe, causing smoke or fire.

Campaign Information

A Service Bulletin will be posted May 11, 2010. The client mailing will be mailed May 28, 2010. The client mailing will begin with the 2004 model year. Subsequent model years will be added as additional parts become available.

Parts Information

Power Steering Hose Kits will be allocated later this week. These limited initial quantities are intended to cover used vehicle inventory and/or service units down at your dealership. Further allocations will soon be made as additional parts become available. You will be advised when the order method changes.

Effective immediately, the affected power steering hose (p/n 53713-SDC-A02) is no longer available to Acura dealers. Sales must be halted; no internal tickets or outside sales should be allowed. All dealer inventory of this hose should be held for OAR return instructions to be issued later this week.

Warranty Information

Specific warranty coding for this recall will be included in the subsequent iN message and Service Bulletin. This coding must be submitted on the claim, otherwise the vehicle will not be registered as repaired.

5-1/2 years on dialysis.
Received a kidney transplant on 02/19/2010.
Please register to be an organ donor.

M.Y.C. (05/06/74 - 12/13/04)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-28-10, 09:17 PM
Administrator

My Mood: Busy
Hmm interesting, thanks for the heads up Dean!

2013 Ford Focus ST
2004 Acura TSX 5AT | Purchased 8/31/04 | Sold 12/7/12

post #3 of 12 Old 04-29-10, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
NO MORE DIALYSIS

Officially announced by Honda.

Statement by Acura Regarding TSX Recall - Honda.com

5-1/2 years on dialysis.

post #4 of 12 Old 05-03-10, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
NO MORE DIALYSIS

U.S. Acura TSX recall doesnt apply to Canadian cars

U.S. Acura TSX recall doesnt apply to Canadian cars

Toronto, Ontario A recall announced for certain Acura TSX vehicles in the U.S. does not apply to any vehicles in Canada, according to Honda Canada.

In the U.S., Acura has announced a recall of approximately 167,000 2004-2008 Acura TSX vehicles to replace a power steering hose. The hose could deteriorate prematurely due to prolonged exposure to high under-hood temperatures, and possibly develop cracks which could allow power steering fluid to leak. The company has received notice of one hose leak causing a fire due to power steering fluid leaking onto hot exhaust components.

Honda Canada said that the recall is strictly related to vehicles in the U.S. market, and that the recall does not pertain to Canada or to any Acura TSX units sold in Canada.

5-1/2 years on dialysis.

post #5 of 12 Old 07-15-10, 09:26 AM

Does your car have to be under warranty for them tto decide on dealing with this problem?
post #6 of 12 Old 07-15-10, 10:53 AM
Administrator

My Mood: Busy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedhotTSX View Post
Does your car have to be under warranty for them tto decide on dealing with this problem?
Since this is a manufacturing default by Acura, it is free of charge to all owners of the TSX model year 2004-2008.

So take it into the dealer for the free repair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda
Acura today announced a recall of approximately 167,000 Acura TSX vehicles to replace a power steering hose. Affected TSX vehicles are 2004-2008 models sold in the United States with the 2.4L inline 4-cylinder engine. The repair involves installing a new power steering hose, o-ring gasket and fluid-- all done at no cost to the vehicle owner.

2013 Ford Focus ST
2004 Acura TSX 5AT | Purchased 8/31/04 | Sold 12/7/12

post #7 of 12 Old 07-16-10, 11:11 PM

Got my Power Steering Recall done today. Now I have a brand new hose at 90k miles...don't have to worry about it anytime in the near future!!!! Cool!!!

Thanks for the heads up RICEBOY!!!

@RICEBOY : I had trouble registering with TSXClub.com
For some reason I can't get past the spam code thing. It keeps asking me to enter TSX backwards; I do it right every time but it still won't let me in.
Any suggestions???
post #8 of 12 Old 07-22-10, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
NO MORE DIALYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedhotTSX View Post
Got my Power Steering Recall done today. Now I have a brand new hose at 90k miles...don't have to worry about it anytime in the near future!!!! Cool!!!

Thanks for the heads up RICEBOY!!!

@RICEBOY : I had trouble registering with TSXClub.com
For some reason I can't get past the spam code thing. It keeps asking me to enter TSX backwards; I do it right every time but it still won't let me in.
Any suggestions???
You'll have to contact the mods/admins there. I have no involvement in managing that site.

5-1/2 years on dialysis.

post #9 of 12 Old 07-22-10, 10:06 PM
Banned

Contact the liaison person from Autoguide. The user name here is Administrator. His name is Nadeem, and hopefully he can be of help with your registration issues.

Riceboy is correct that the admin/mod team here have no crossover involvement with other forums operated by AutoGuide.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-19-10, 12:30 PM

Steering Rack problem from steering hose

I have a 04 tsx with nav. I recently had some grinding a whining coming from the steering system. Prior to the recall I had a leaky hose which I replaced with my cash. About two weeks later, the recall letter comes to my house. I called ACURA and they are sending me a refund to cover my cost to replace the hose. Very easy to do and very cool. I took my car back in because the steering wasn't right and it was still leaking. Turns out the rack was leaking so that needed to be replace. Over 2k with alignment. My Acura Care covered the parts and labor so I was OK. I have 92K with a warranty expiring at 100K. Close but good enough. Here is my question. I need to get the power steering pump re-sealed. Is this covered under acura care? If so, I need to take it back before I hit 100K. Thanks for your help!
post #11 of 12 Old 08-19-10, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmurph View Post
I have a 04 tsx with nav. I recently had some grinding a whining coming from the steering system. Prior to the recall I had a leaky hose which I replaced with my cash. About two weeks later, the recall letter comes to my house. I called ACURA and they are sending me a refund to cover my cost to replace the hose. Very easy to do and very cool. I took my car back in because the steering wasn't right and it was still leaking. Turns out the rack was leaking so that needed to be replace. Over 2k with alignment. My Acura Care covered the parts and labor so I was OK. I have 92K with a warranty expiring at 100K. Close but good enough. Here is my question. I need to get the power steering pump re-sealed. Is this covered under acura care? If so, I need to take it back before I hit 100K. Thanks for your help!
What mileage did all these problems start happening? And what is Acura Care?? Is that the warranty or some kind of insurance you can purchase? I just got my TSX about 2 months ago, so no warranty and I'm at 91k miles. I just want to know what to look out for.
post #12 of 12 Old 09-08-19, 07:17 PM

Was there any changes to recall for power steering hose recall
Im in canada and my 04 tsx has bad leak in Power steering hose
I found leak because my alt stopped working ( probably because too much oil leaked on it)
Now they said danger because fire under hood
I have started to see smoke comming out from under hood when stopped at lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TSX > 1st Gen TSX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in