Code p2138 but not the App sensor or tps (Throttle body) - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
3rd Gen TL Forum for the GV platform TL - 2004 to 2008.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Code p2138 but not the App sensor or tps (Throttle body)

Lil backstory, Ive had my 05 acura TL base for close to 3 years now and In that short time I've replaced the transmission with a rebuilt one, all new genuine transmission sensors/solenoids etc. Replaced speed sensor, pcm repaired, motor/transmission mounts, valve cover gaskets, tuned it up and a few other odds and ends. I love the car but I have had so much trouble with it. In the last few months I've been having an issue with the VSA, traction and cel coming on and puts my car into limp mode. I replaced the APP with a new genuine sensor and it didn't fix it so I took the part back and replaced it with another genuine APP sensor with no luck. Next I ordered a throttle body with 84k on it thinking that may be my issue but today the light is coming back on and gas pedal disabled. This has been my dream car for years and now that I finally have it I'm really disappointed. My next move is to check the harness that goes to the pcm and see if that may be damaged and probably send the PCM in again to get it checked and if needed repaired again. The car is now in PA but was a Florida car until 2016. Hope someone can help as I don't wanna take it to Acura.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 3rd Gen TL

Tags
cel, check engine light, traction control, vsa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in