Tire Rotation ? - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
3rd Gen TL Forum for the GV platform TL - 2004 to 2008.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-05, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Tire Rotation ?

Yesterday, I was talking to a services advisor at the Acura Dealership about tire rotation. he said that is the car telling you to rotate the tires , i said no and asked why would the car tell me if i need tire rotation, he said there are sensor on the car which observe how you are driving and etc. i thought to myself is he BSing or is it really true. Because i never heard of a car saying its time for tire rotation.

so if anybody think the service advisory is BSing and it is not true what he is saying please let me know?

thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-11-05, 10:38 AM

I think that the rotation is part of the service messages you will get on your MID screen. usually the first service is due around 7K but could be more or less depending on when you drive. They will change oil, filter and rotate tires..
Check user manual for details

Cheers
post #3 of 18 Old 05-11-05, 11:33 AM
Not a Moderator

yep, he's just means when MID says you need the service the tire rotation item is to be performed. instead of trying to guess-timate about your tires (good tire guys can tell you how your tires will wear, somewhat in realtion to your driving habits, etc), he is suggesting you just follow the MID.

post #4 of 18 Old 07-13-05, 08:06 PM

You should rotate your tires every 3,000 miles.
post #5 of 18 Old 07-14-05, 12:09 PM

I haven't been through the owner's manual yet, but does anyone know the proper torque setting for factory lugs?
post #6 of 18 Old 07-14-05, 12:25 PM
Not a Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLNoobie
I haven't been through the owner's manual yet, but does anyone know the proper torque setting for factory lugs?
80ft-lbs
post #7 of 18 Old 07-30-05, 08:03 PM

THey told me that too, but 15000 miles later I just did it, It never said anything, and I should of done it sooner
post #8 of 18 Old 07-30-05, 09:54 PM

the service advisor is referring to what you MID indicates such as A1, A2, A3, etc. Those tell the technician what needs to be done at the time.
post #9 of 18 Old 08-01-05, 10:26 AM
NAFTA Boy

Do you guys know if there's a service schedule that can be followed other than the MID? Something that states what the MID is supposed to tell you at known mileage intervals. I usually change my oil before the MID tells me what service to perform. If you do it my way, how do you know whether to perform A1, A2, etc?? I'd leave it up to my service advisor if they weren't so incompetent...
post #10 of 18 Old 08-01-05, 10:29 AM
I WANT YOU!

Did you read the owner's manual? I believe that info is in there.

~ Mike ~

2009 Infiniti G37S
Sport Package (7AT)
Black/Black
Navigation
Aero kit with rear spoiler

PREVIOUS:
2004 Acura TL (6MT w/Nav)
2001 Acura CL Type-S
post #11 of 18 Old 08-01-05, 10:40 AM
Not a Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwrobert
Do you guys know if there's a service schedule that can be followed other than the MID? Something that states what the MID is supposed to tell you at known mileage intervals. I usually change my oil before the MID tells me what service to perform. If you do it my way, how do you know whether to perform A1, A2, etc?? I'd leave it up to my service advisor if they weren't so incompetent...
your either with MID or you're not. if with MID then follow the silly display. if not with MID then forget the MID exists and do your oil/filter as you see fit. trying to mix the 2 will drive you crazy...

IMHO, the MID is quite useless... sort-of a fancy idiot light...

AK
post #12 of 18 Old 08-01-05, 11:27 AM
I WANT YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura_Kid
your either with MID or you're not. if with MID then follow the silly display. if not with MID then forget the MID exists and do your oil/filter as you see fit. trying to mix the 2 will drive you crazy...

IMHO, the MID is quite useless... sort-of a fancy idiot light...

AK
I agree. I change my oil and filter every 4k miles and have my tires rotated every 6k miles, no matter what the MID says. MID is for the ladies.

~ Mike ~

2009 Infiniti G37S
Sport Package (7AT)
Black/Black
Navigation
Aero kit with rear spoiler

PREVIOUS:
2004 Acura TL (6MT w/Nav)
2001 Acura CL Type-S
post #13 of 18 Old 08-01-05, 12:07 PM

Even though i too stick to the old ways (oil change every 3k, etc.)
isnt the mid display directly related to the ecu? As in the ecu knows all because it is literally monitoring your cars every move. i know in older cars the ecu doesnt do all that much, but in the tl doesnt the ecu practically control everything?
post #14 of 18 Old 08-01-05, 02:40 PM
Not a Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarushibai
Even though i too stick to the old ways (oil change every 3k, etc.)
isnt the mid display directly related to the ecu? As in the ecu knows all because it is literally monitoring your cars every move. i know in older cars the ecu doesnt do all that much, but in the tl doesnt the ecu practically control everything?
its' variable matrix and the "smarts" to use them are limited. and IMHO does not accurately describe the state of your engine oil (it under-estimates oil life, which is bad on your wallet and bad on the environment). i would have liked them [honda] to engineer a real oil sensor which could indicate % dirt in the oil, kinda like how a O2 sensor reads info about the exhaust gases.

AK
post #15 of 18 Old 08-03-05, 01:19 PM
NAFTA Boy

The General, Acura Kid,

I'm using the MID for oil changes. I just choose to change the oil with 20-25% life remaining. Not that it isn't OK to leave it longer but I'm still find it hard to leave oil in my car for double the miles I used to leave my Ford. Problem is they reset the MID when I have the oil changed and then I never know the requirements for other services such as coolant flush, valve adjustments etc....Unless I'm missing something the manual just shows you the breakdown of what the MID codes are. This doesn't help if you never let the oil life get to the point where the codes are displayed.

Acura Kid,
If you don't use the MID, how do you know when to do other service? I'm used to it being listed in the owner's manual. Like I said, I don't think it shows up in the TL manual by mileage. I'd just like a reference guide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Sedans > TL > 3rd Gen TL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in