Check engine code P1259 ... help - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Integra Forum related to the Acura Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-03, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Acuraworld Junior Member

Check engine code P1259 ... help

My brother owns a 1995 Integra GS-R with 112,000 miles. Recently the check engine light went on and he had a local Jiffy Lube pull the codes and do an engine oil analysis.

The code was appears to have been a P1259, which I think is a VTECH System malfunction code ... anyone know anything about that?

Engine oil analysis also showed quite a few different wear metals in his oil, but no coolant, water, or fuel. Iron seemed to be particularly prevalent ... these cars have aluminum heads, right? Is it an iron block?

Regards,
Trevor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-10-03, 03:36 PM
Acuraworld Junior Member

Send a message via AIM to colt45

Ok

Take the lower panel out on the passanger side kickpanel
There is where the ecu sets

Tucked up above the ecu is a green rubber plug deal. It hosts a holding spot for two plugs, one has 3 wires and one has 2, they both are grey plastic plugs. the two wire ones the one you want, it will have a brown wire with a black stripe for one of the wires i believe?

Anyhow, use a paperclip or a peice of wire to "Jump" or connect both of those terminals on that plug together, so you are essentially shorting it out. This will cause the check engine light on your dash to flash.

If its vtec related it will flash 2 slow times and 1, 2 or 3 fast flashes. That means 21,22, or 23. That will tell you what code it is.

If you get me what number code it is, i can tell you how to fix it.

Using dirty, the wrong weight, or too much oil can fuck the vtec system up in some cases. This will trigger the 23 and 22
the knock sensor, which happens to set right above the oil filter, in a perfect spot for derelict retards to hit at jiffy lube taking the oil filter off. This can easily break and snap off the block, then the knock sensor can not monitor detonation knock and it triggers a code 21.

Let me know, my aim screenname is Roadmisfit138. Id be happy to help you out if youd like.

Take care and good luck bro.

Acurazine is a joke. Moderate my pm's and ill take my hybrid honda expertise elsewhere.

RonA= A hybrid cross between Max Headroom's gay brother and a Ned Flanders
post #3 of 6 Old 04-10-03, 03:41 PM
Acuraworld Junior Member

Send a message via AIM to colt45
.... part 2

iron. The stock sleves are a thin less dense combination of ductyle iron. Check the intake tube to see if theres any oil. If the car smokes blue under load the rings and whatnot are fried. If the car smokes on deacceleration its the valve seals most of the time. The bearings are brass looking when they fry so i dont know on that one. Was the car over reved? was it ran low on oil? Any of these can result in all sorts of differant mess ups. Does it have a cold air intake? Does the block have any knocks.

From the sounds of it, youve spun a bearing from low oil pressure, fried the journal on the crank, this caused a rod knock, then this triggered the knock sensor, and theres the code 21 letting you know youre fcuked.

Lets hope its not that
if so, buy an ls block for like 100 dollars or some shiet and put it in there, wow, then its back together in a day for minimal money.

Acurazine is a joke. Moderate my pm's and ill take my hybrid honda expertise elsewhere.

RonA= A hybrid cross between Max Headroom's gay brother and a Ned Flanders

post #4 of 6 Old 04-10-03, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Acuraworld Junior Member

Colt45,

Thanks for the info. My guess is the car has not been over-revved, but my brother bought it with 90k miles, so unsure. He thinks he may have run it a little low on oil once, I'll double-check with him.

No CAI ... in fact, no mods at all. I haven't ridden in it recently, but he thinks it has been running smoothly, but I'll see if I can double-check on knocking.

I think if a bearing were spun, he would certainly know about it.

I'll see if I can get him to come over to my house and we can try the manual code pulling.

Again, thanks for all the info ... I'll probably IM you shortly!

Regards,
Trevor
post #5 of 6 Old 04-10-03, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Acuraworld Junior Member

Colt45,

We performed the "jumper test" and it shows code 22 ... consistent with P1259, Vtech system malfunction. You mentioned that code 22 has to do with the knock sensor ... typically a malfunctioning knock sensor or simply the fact that the sensor is detecting knock??

Regards,
Trevor
post #6 of 6 Old 04-11-03, 02:18 PM
*Warning* ... I told u so

Send a message via AIM to mR mIsTa
Re: .... part 2

Quote:
Originally posted by colt45
iron. The stock sleves are a thin less dense combination of ductyle iron. Check the intake tube to see if theres any oil. If the car smokes blue under load the rings and whatnot are fried. If the car smokes on deacceleration its the valve seals most of the time. The bearings are brass looking when they fry so i dont know on that one. Was the car over reved? was it ran low on oil? Any of these can result in all sorts of differant mess ups. Does it have a cold air intake? Does the block have any knocks.

From the sounds of it, youve spun a bearing from low oil pressure, fried the journal on the crank, this caused a rod knock, then this triggered the knock sensor, and theres the code 21 letting you know youre fcuked.

Lets hope its not that
if so, buy an ls block for like 100 dollars or some shiet and put it in there, wow, then its back together in a day for minimal money.
if u buy a ls block and slap it on with the gsr head...wouldn't u have to get another oil return line drilled for the vtec system to work again becuz the ls block isn't built to handle a vtec head...thats why frankenstein motors aren't too dependable

www.krazedkustomz.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Coupe / Hatchback > Integra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in