i just bought a 94 integra and i want a nice sounding exhaust - Acura Forum : Acura Forums
Integra Forum related to the Acura Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-06, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Talking i just bought a 94 integra and i want a nice sounding exhaust

i just bought a 94 acura integra and i want a nice sounding exhaust. so im newbie to all this stuff. i have done some research and was thinkin about gettin either: 1) apexi ws2 2) apexi n1 or 3) rsr exmag. let me know what u think. and also which ones would sound good w/o a cat and if thats a good idea to not have a cat. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-10-06, 11:43 PM

I've heard the Greddy Evo2 before. Makes the car sound mean.

94 GSR Sedan: SOLD
95 Eg6 VX Hatch: Current
post #3 of 11 Old 01-10-06, 11:52 PM
Reregestered User

Send a message via AIM to Bernd04
welcome bro, rsr is a favorite on this forum. apexi is also a good choice. from what i've herd rsr will give you a great sound in the low and high rpms. yeah i cant remember what the third choice was because of this new forum update thingy. rsr and apexi are both great exaust systems. if i were you i would probly pic the rsr over the other two.

good luck bro, keep us informed and post pics after as well

Now
white 90 integra LS 222,xxx miles
w/custom 2.25 cat back

later...new car

post #4 of 11 Old 01-10-06, 11:53 PM

you at least need a test pipe aka a hiflow cat(just a straight through pipe with bung for o2 sensor)just so when they insperct you car it looks like you have a cat but if your in cali then your screwed or other places the use the sniffer...there are alot of good exhaust out there..exhaust is usually one of those things you get wat you pay for..cheap..dont sound or perform to well but sometimes you can find knock off ones that are good..all the ones you named are good companies..as far as how they sound i dunno..just got my integra and dont know many that has them..im sure people on here have all diff types of exhaust..me personally im gonna put on some cheap headers off ebay with a hiflow cat and 2.5" pipin with a "mugen" twin loop muffler(cool design cuz its a free lowing muffler-no resistance-but you dont need a sliencer cuz it loops through to quite the tone) and if its still to loud for my taste i'll quite it with a glasspack.

I DO WHAT I SAY AND SAY WHAT I DO!

2000 Acura Integra GSR 4dr
My Mods:
BOMZ Racing Cold Air Intake
OBX Iridium tip spark plugs
Chrome 4-1 header
short throw shifter
test pipe w/2.25" exhuast piping w/glass pack and black chrome tip......
Much more to come........
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...auty/jess9.jpgThats my Babies Mama!
post #5 of 11 Old 01-11-06, 08:53 AM
"We got this... go home."

Hey Man, Welcome Aboard!!
Well the exhausts you listed are among the few favorites here on this site, altho, i've seen the greddy label float around here a few times as well... the RSR or apexiWS2 are both good choices, and is ultimately up to you, afterall, this is your teg the exhaust is going on...
I'm currently running flowmaster exhaust, and i couldnt be happier, but that's another topic itself...
Like said above, you get what you pay for when it comes to exhaust, unless you have insane hook-ups and can get whatever you want for dirt cheap... stay away from ebay exhaust, there are a lot of imposers!!!
ebay is a shady place when it comes to buying performance parts, there is a lot of scams, esp the guys that try to sell brand-name "x" type exhaust... i italic the "type" b/c they use this to say it's simaliar to the brand-name, but it's not at all... i have had person ebay exhaust nightmares of my own, do yourself a favor and go to a reputable online store or local shop and do business there... ebay is great for little cheap things like emblems and shit people steal off other cars, not for expensive performance parts...

Good luck and Welcome again!!

"Tigers love pepper.. they hate cinnamon"

AW Fantasy Football Champ 2010AW Fantasy Football Champ 2006
post #6 of 11 Old 01-11-06, 09:26 AM
3rdGen Supporter

one word, two letters, and one number: Greddy SP2

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...wtndrmsig2.jpg
+1994 Acura Integra LS+
AEM Short Ram Intake
Hawk HPS Street Brake Pads

Coming Attractions!
2003 Mistubishi Evo....
post #7 of 11 Old 01-11-06, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetweenDreams
one word, two letters, and one number: Greddy SP2

Mmmm... i drooled over greddy for months, it's a shame the exhaust shop couldnt get it for me for cheaper than i hoped, or else, i'd have ended up with it one my teg...

by the way... strummer86... has your name anything to do with joe strummer??? the clash??? is 86 the year you were born?? off topic, but i saw strummer, and being a huge clash fan, i had to say something...

post #8 of 11 Old 01-11-06, 10:20 AM
3rdGen Supporter

but since im not doing i/h/e now because im building up my bottom end and some parts of my head for turbo im not going with the i/h/e path but my exhaust for turbo will be a Thermal R&D Turbo . For an exhaust I loved the Greddy SP2 it has a deep low tone and no rice whatsoever,

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...wtndrmsig2.jpg
+1994 Acura Integra LS+
AEM Short Ram Intake
Hawk HPS Street Brake Pads

Coming Attractions!
2003 Mistubishi Evo....
post #9 of 11 Old 01-11-06, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegger94
I'm currently running flowmaster exhaust, and i couldnt be happier, but that's another topic itself...
Like said above, you get what you pay for when it comes to exhaust, unless you have insane hook-ups and can get whatever you want for dirt cheap... stay away from ebay exhaust, there are a lot of imposers!!!
ebay is a shady place when it comes to buying performance parts, there is a lot of scams, esp the guys that try to sell brand-name "x" type exhaust... i italic the "type" b/c they use this to say it's simaliar to the brand-name, but it's not at all... i have had person ebay exhaust nightmares of my own, do yourself a favor and go to a reputable online store or local shop and do business there... ebay is great for little cheap things like emblems and shit people steal off other cars, not for expensive performance parts...
Good luck and Welcome again!!
yay i had a 60 series flowmaster on my 02 civic si and though people made fun of me just cuz it was flowmaster(import people)it sounded GREAT and made a diff. in performance(flowmaster makes a catback system for integras and have a sound clip on there sire so you can listen to it). As far as the comment about ebay its true and not true. I have dealt with ebay now for almost three years and have NEVER been scammed..the key is picking a seller with at least a 96% positive feedback and has sold alot of items on ebay(like 1000 at least). Ebay has set in place many security measures to make sure your not scammed and even a money back guarantee up to a certain amount. There are those on ebay that are just there to scam but they typically change their accounts often not to get caught and thus havent sold many items, The main reason you can get things so cheap on ebay is cuz they are wholesalers..meaning the middle man is cut out and you get much better deals..there are few items on ebay that you cant get alot cheaper...nitrous...motorized tv screens and some other items are about the same on ebay as in stores. Hope you find what you like!

I DO WHAT I SAY AND SAY WHAT I DO!

2000 Acura Integra GSR 4dr
My Mods:
BOMZ Racing Cold Air Intake
OBX Iridium tip spark plugs
Chrome 4-1 header
short throw shifter
test pipe w/2.25" exhuast piping w/glass pack and black chrome tip......
Much more to come........
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...auty/jess9.jpgThats my Babies Mama!
post #10 of 11 Old 01-11-06, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info guys i think im gonna go with rsr. i have another question for u guys. i went to the rsr website and saw that they had to exhaust systems: 1) rsr exmag and 2) rsr exmag gtII. does anyone kno which one is better and which one sounds better? thanks
post #11 of 11 Old 01-11-06, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18GSR
yay i had a 60 series flowmaster on my 02 civic si and though people made fun of me just cuz it was flowmaster(import people)it sounded GREAT and made a diff. in performance(flowmaster makes a catback system for integras and have a sound clip on there sire so you can listen to it). As far as the comment about ebay its true and not true. I have dealt with ebay now for almost three years and have NEVER been scammed..the key is picking a seller with at least a 96% positive feedback and has sold alot of items on ebay(like 1000 at least). Ebay has set in place many security measures to make sure your not scammed and even a money back guarantee up to a certain amount. There are those on ebay that are just there to scam but they typically change their accounts often not to get caught and thus havent sold many items, The main reason you can get things so cheap on ebay is cuz they are wholesalers..meaning the middle man is cut out and you get much better deals..there are few items on ebay that you cant get alot cheaper...nitrous...motorized tv screens and some other items are about the same on ebay as in stores. Hope you find what you like!

yeah i think mine is the 40 series... and yes, with ebay there is good dealers, but just from personnal experience and what i was trying to say was, really read and understand what you are buying b/c there is people out there that sell horrible equipment that is a replica and not the real deal... just be careful when it comes to ebay... do your research, like said above, look into the sellers info...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Acura Forum : Acura Forums > Luxury Coupe / Hatchback > Integra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura Forum : Acura Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in